I Can't Find My Gig After Editing?

sraboni_web

Question

Hello,

Hope you are well. I am a new seller on Fiverr. I published my first gig by following your complete rules. From the day after it was published, it was found in products upload, upload products, add products, etc. excellent keyboards.

But one day while I was monitoring the gig, I suddenly noticed that the answer to a question in the FAQ section was misspelled. So I decided not to edit the gig. So I just make a spelling change in the FAQ section of the gig.

But unfortunately the next day, I can't find my gig with those keywords. Which I didn't expect at all.

But here's one thing to tell you, when I'm active and search with those keywords and use the online seller filter, the gig is found.

I am really worried about this. Please tell me what I need to do. Why can't I find my gig?

Hope you will help me to solve my problem as soon as possible.

Thank You.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

3 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, sraboni_web said:

Hello,

Hope you are well. I am a new seller on Fiverr. I published my first gig by following your complete rules. From the day after it was published, it was found in products upload, upload products, add products, etc. excellent keyboards.

But one day while I was monitoring the gig, I suddenly noticed that the answer to a question in the FAQ section was misspelled. So I decided not to edit the gig. So I just make a spelling change in the FAQ section of the gig.

But unfortunately the next day, I can't find my gig with those keywords. Which I didn't expect at all.

But here's one thing to tell you, when I'm active and search with those keywords and use the online seller filter, the gig is found.

I am really worried about this. Please tell me what I need to do. Why can't I find my gig?

Hope you will help me to solve my problem as soon as possible.

Thank You.

After editing your gig, it may drop out of search results and category pages while the algorithm checks you gig to decide where to put it. This is normal. 

Gigs are also rotated on a regular basis, meaning your gig is most likely visible on Fiverr, but is moving around. Search results differ from person to person, so what you see, might not be the same as I see. 

If you're online and use the online seller filter, you remove all sellers that aren't online. Naturally, this will make it easier to find your gigs when you are one of the sellers online at the moment. 

Your gig placement is not permanent on Fiverr. Keep in mind that private feedback from buyers and your overall stats can affect where you end up in the search results. Gigs are also rotated frequently. You must remember that there's a lot of sellers on Fiverr. Not everyone can be highly visible all the time. 

Instead of spending time looking for your gig in search results, keep an eye on your analytics over time. You'll see trends in impressions, clicks and conversions there. That's far more valuable information to see if your gig is visible over time, than spending time aimlessly looking through category pages or search results. As I said, the results you see might be totally different from the ones a buyer sees. 

• Like 5
  • Up 4

12 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Keep in mind that private feedback from buyers and your overall stats can affect where you end up in the search results.

First of all, thank you very much for replying. But I still have no buyer feedback. Even after that, I can't understand why this happened. I want to ask you one more thing. What should I do in this situation? Please let me know in the form of bullet points, it would be greatly appreciated. Then I would control the gig according to your instructions.

Thank You.

• Like 5