buyer can't reach out to me by searching my username

saddam95950

Question

The buyer can't reach out to me by searching my username. The Fiverr Support team says your account is everything available. But I also searched the username is not available. when someone visits the direct link reach out to my account but it is a hassle for the buyer to search through any browser without apps. Please let me know if anyone knows the solution.

• Like 13
  • Sad 2
  • Up 1

12 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, saddam95950 said:

when someone visits the direct link reach out to my account but it is a hassle for the buyer to search through any browser without apps. Please let me know if anyone knows the solution.

You have a very common name, so search is bringing up 3 pages (about 115 names) of sellers with the same name as yours. I also couldn't find you through search, so maybe search is limiting the results to 3 pages. However, the only buyers that will be looking for your exact user name are the ones that you can give direct links to access your gig page. These are buyers that already know you through your marketing or by association. 

All your other buyers won't know who you are and won't be looking for your name. They will be looking for a specific service. If your service is relevant, your gig will show up in search and you can be found that way.

• Like 16
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, saddam95950 said:

Hi! vickieito,

Thank you for your precious time. My name is common but my full username is just for me. I know new buyer  not people to search username, they search only for service categories. I am currently communicating with a buyer on Insta. I want to do his job through Fiverr but he can't find my full username with the Fiverr app. He also sent me a screenshot that he is not getting.  Before a buyer was facing the same problem but he visited my Fiverr link directly with his laptop and ordered me. Now not all buyers will try this way. Many buyers feel comfortable with apps. The Fiverr Support Team says it's all available. Now it is very disappointing that the deal with the buyer has been completed but I am not able to take the order.

Hi @saddam95950, you can send your direct gig link to your contact in Insta. Since I don't have your gig link, I used a gig link for a different seller to show how it looks:

From a mobile view: When your contact clicks on the link he can scroll down and order.

image.thumb.png.7f42c37acc0757c20029de6e54b14568.png

From desktop view: When your contact clicks on the link he is brought to your gig page and can order directly from there.

image.png.86b07d2ec09bd3b09daa8b9c2d78ea9b.png

Both methods give your buyer the option to "Contact Seller" or "Get a Quote" if you want to give your buyer a custom offer.

• Like 9

13 hours ago, saddam95950 said:

If the link is given in this way, the buyer will have to log in with his Fiverr ID and password from any browser to visit. The buyer is not willing to do that. She is telling me that he can find everyone through Fiverr apps So he asks me to tell him how to find it easily through apps.

Hi @saddam95950,

Is "he" the buyer and "she" customer support? Please clarify.

Also, you want to see if the buyer can find you through the Fiverr app, correct? Because if it's done the other way, he would be prompted to login?

Please send me your direct link through a private message. I want to try to see if I can find you on the app (I can't promise you anything but it's worth a try).

• Like 4

Hi @saddam95950, thanks for sending me your link! So what I proposed to do in in our private messages didn't work, but I might have a solution for you.

Here's the issue that your buyer may be running into on the mobile app and how she can get around it. When you send her your direct gig link on Insta, she clicks on the link and is brought to this page seen below.

image.thumb.png.b9f585ee92b757b1990d211cf0abf368.png

If she clicks on the green "Open in App" button at the top, the Fiverr app will open a generic page. Since your username can't be found in search, your buyer has no way to find you.

image.thumb.png.66ecb99b799597f38980b6754819829f.png

However, if your buyer ignores that "Open in App" button and instead clicks on either the "Contact Me" or "Get A Quote" button, she can directly message you and you two will then be connected via the inbox and can do business as normal.

Here's how it'll look if she clicks on the "Contact Me" button (except since she is a buyer, she won't have the option to make an offer 😉):

image.thumb.png.9617db07bc0d79e30fc00373960ccc4f.png

And this is how it'll look if she clicks on the "Get A Quote" button:

image.thumb.png.0aeb5352b927add3e147da0bc97c7211.png

Both options do not prompt the user to open the Fiver app, but instead goes directly to the messaging app.

Please try out this option with your buyer and let us know if this works!

• Like 4

Hi! vickieito,

Thank you for your precious time. My name is common but my full username is just for me. I know new buyer  not people to search username, they search only for service categories. I am currently communicating with a buyer on Insta. I want to do his job through Fiverr but he can't find my full username with the Fiverr app. He also sent me a screenshot that he is not getting.  Before a buyer was facing the same problem but he visited my Fiverr link directly with his laptop and ordered me. Now not all buyers will try this way. Many buyers feel comfortable with apps. The Fiverr Support Team says it's all available. Now it is very disappointing that the deal with the buyer has been completed but I am not able to take the order.

• Like 7

Hello! @vickieito

I really appreciate that you have given importance to my problem and are suggesting different ways. If the link is given in this way, the buyer will have to log in with his Fiverr ID and password from any browser to visit. The buyer is not willing to do that. She is telling me that he can find everyone through Fiverr apps So he asks me to tell him how to find it easily through apps. Clicking on the link does not open any Fiverr ID directly in the app. Today again I'm mailing to the Fiverr Support team, they say the problem is solved but they actually do not fix it.  So I am very worried and disappointed about this issue.

Thanks
Saddam

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, saddam95950 said:

I really appreciate that you have given importance to my problem and are suggesting different ways. If the link is given in this way, the buyer will have to log in with his Fiverr ID and password from any browser to visit. The buyer is not willing to do that. She is telling me that he can find everyone through Fiverr apps So he asks me to tell him how to find it easily through apps. Clicking on the link does not open any Fiverr ID directly in the app. Today again I'm mailing to the Fiverr Support team, they say the problem is solved but they actually do not fix it.  So I am very worried and disappointed about this issue.

I understand your concern - out of curiosity, I searched for you both on desktop and the mobile app and you don't appear. I have never thought buyers bother with that route but I can see maybe some do. I doubt Fiverr will solve that issue at the moment considering a lot of other things they have to sort out. 

• Like 5

I would not have known about this problem if the buyer had not informed me. So others should also check to see if anyone has this problem in their username. Because I have been searching on Google and many people have been posting about this problem in the fiverr forum before but no one has found a solution. I have also reported to the Fiverr Support team with a buyer but without problem-solving, they are suggesting visiting through a direct link. It is so disappointing that I did not find a solution.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1