fiverr fee is showing higher than my fee

naheeda03

Question

hi there i have been using fiverr for a year now and am in the UK. I agreed $459 dollars for a gig with my ongoing client on further work which is the equivalent of £375 british pounds.

Except my client sees £393 plus the 5.5% processing fees instead of £375. Does anyone know why this happens? 

• Like 3

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, naheeda03 said:

Except my client sees £393 plus the 5.5% processing fees instead of £375. Does anyone know why this happens? 

This happens because it’s fiverr fees and you and your client both signed and agreed to fiver terms. 
The same as fiverr charges you 20% on all completed orders, it also takes processing fee from a client side for processing a transaction. 

Edited by mariashtelle1
  • Like 4

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360049646033-Why-was-I-charged-a-service-fee?segment=buyer

Why was I charged a service fee?

Service fees are added at the time of purchase where a Buyer can review and accept the total amount requested to pay. These fees cover administrative fees.

The service fee is charged on every payment made. If during your order you place the main purchase, then add a GigExtra, and then you tip the seller, each payment will include a service fee charge.

As of March 2021, the service fees are 5.5% of the purchase amount. For purchases under $50, an additional $2 small order fee will be applied.
  • Like 4