Reviews

cash_cow_man

Question

4 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, cash_cow_man said:

Is it possible for a buyer to edit a review, if yes, how will he do that?

No. And you should not, under any circumstance, ask a buyer to do so. That could be considered review manipulation and will get you in trouble. 

The following is from the Fiverr help center: 

Reviews are subjective opinions based on individual preference, and, unfortunately, you can't please every buyer 100% of the time. Unless a review specifically violates Fiverr’s Terms of Service, it can't be removed. 

And: 

• Once reviews have been made public, Fiverr can't change or remove them unless they violate the Terms of Service 

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010544097

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 4
  • Congrats! 2
  • Thanks 1

Would it be fair to the community if buyers could edit their reviews?

Reviews are an important part of the Fiverr experience, helping shoppers to make informed purchasing decisions. But what happens when a shopper wants to change a review they’ve left?

It’s not currently possible for buyers to edit their reviews. Once a review is left, I believe it’s final.

I would think there are a few reasons for this. Allowing buyers to edit their reviews could be abused. A buyer could leave a positive review, and then later change it to a negative one in order to blackmail the seller into giving them a refund.

Allowing edits would create extra work for sellers who would then have to keep track of all the different versions of a review. It would also be confusing for other shoppers who are trying to read reviews and get an accurate idea of what others think about a particular gig.

I believe that reviews should be an honest reflection of a buyer’s experience. Transparency is important to inform other shoppers, and if reviews can be edited, that transparency is lost.

But this could lead to an interesting discussion. I'd be curious to see what others in the community think about this issue.

• Like 3