Dealing with bad behaviour buyers

evp_productions

Question

Hi, I recently have been contacted by a buyer.

He wanted to hire me for recording guitars.

He demanded much but have a really low budget. He also demanded free demos.

I told him politely to check my guitar gig in wich I have a lot of works done (I'm on FIverr since 2012 and have 800 rated works and almost 1000 in total)

He just sent a message imeediately saying "do you play guitar or not?"

I told him about my 25+ years experience in this area and also I forwarded him some names I shared credits with in teh industry so he can be sure he will have a good work done and also accepting his really low budget.

He blocked me.

THe next day my impressiosn dropped.

Is there a direct relation between these two moments?

How can we sellers deal with these bad behaviour buyers? 

• Like 3
  • Sad 5

7 answers to this question

On 6/19/2022 at 12:11 AM, evp_productions said:

I told him politely to check my guitar gig in wich I have a lot of works done (I'm on FIverr since 2012 and have 800 rated works and almost 1000 in total)

I told him about my 25+ years experience in this area and also I forwarded him some names I shared credits with in teh industry so he can be sure he will have a good work done and also accepting his really low budget.

He blocked me.

I don't think that your impression dropped for him. May it's because fiverr gig rotation or hidden feedback.

• Like 4

On 6/18/2022 at 2:11 PM, evp_productions said:

He blocked me.

If someone demands anything: run. 

If someone has a "really low budget": run. 

If someone is rude or I don't like their tone: run.

Take this as a learning experience: it's ok to fire your buyers. Working as a freelancer is about cooperation, mutual respect and professionality. Is my buyer isn't professional, I have no interest in working with them. 

Your buyer in this case falls nicely into my category 1 bad buyer from my guide, "How to avoid bad buyers and how to deal with them if you can't".

If this has anything to do with your impressions dropping, it must be because the buyer placed an order (which you should never have let them do in the first place) and then left negative, hidden feedback. If your buyer satisfaction rate drops beyond a certain point, you will fall like a rock to the bottom of the search results, have your access to things like promoted gigs disabled and so on. Not a nice place to be. 

The good news is that if you have some regular buyers, you can keep working with them. If you make sure to impress them, they might leave positive private feedback, helping you get back up on your feet. 

Best of luck! 

• Like 8
  • Congrats! 2

17 hours ago, evp_productions said:

Thank you very much for the info I will check your guide for sure!!!

In this particular case the buyer didn't do the order but as he blocked me and suddenly impressions dropped I thought they have some kind of relation

If there was no order, it's probably no correlation between the buyer blocking you and your impressions dropping. There could be other reasons, like a drop in buyer satisfaction rate or your other stats and so on. 

Sounds like you should celebrate the fact that your buyer just blocked you. What an ignoramus. 😛

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 5

we can't say perfect way to dealing with buyers who exhibit bad behaviour, as the approach that works best for one company might not be the best solution for another. However, some tips on how to deal with buyers who are difficult to work with can be helpful.

First, it is important to remember that buyers who are difficult to work with are usually just looking for an excuse not to purchase a product or service. When they encounter any difficulty, they often try to shift the blame to someone else. It is important not to take this behaviour personally, and to remain calm and professional.

If a buyer is not following through on their commitments, it is important to communicate this clearly and concisely. Be sure to keep track of when and where the buyer agreed to meet, and be prepared to cancel the meeting if they do not show up. If the buyer continues to be difficult to work with, it may be necessary to terminate the sale.

• Like 3

On 6/18/2022 at 11:41 PM, evp_productions said:

He blocked me.

lol similar scene happened to me once order completed buyer requested source files then I mentioned you have to purchase them according to my gig services this guy shouted at me then blocked me next day I got a huge drop but not sure because of that or a gig rotation. let's see hope everything will be good soon

good luck to you as well !

• Like 2

There could be a direct relationship between the buyer's behavior and your impressions dropping, but it's difficult to say for certain, in fact, I would highly doubt it. It's always frustrating when buyers don't seem to appreciate the work that goes into creating a quality product, and it sounds like this buyer was especially demanding.

There's no easy answer when it comes to dealing with buyers like this, but the best thing you can do is to remain professional and polite. It's important to remember that even if one buyer is behaving badly, there are many others who will appreciate your work. Try not to let the bad experiences sour your view of selling on Fiverr altogether.

Personally when I work with buyers, I always make sure to set clear expectations from the start. I let them know what my turnaround time is, what kind of revision policy I have, and what kind of work they can expect from me. This helps to avoid misunderstandings later on and hopefully will lead to happier clients overall.

If the buyer took advantage of your good nature and resulted in blocking you without even having a window open to discuss terms, it probably wasn't meant to be. Sometimes it's just not worth the headache to try and work with someone who is demanding and unappreciative.

I hope this helps, and best of luck in future dealings with buyers!

• Like 5