How to earn the trust of the buyer if you don't have any reviews yet? How did you get your first order with no experience?

katterience

Question

9 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, katterience said:

I am very interested to know about your beginning of the journey. What is the probability that someone will buy a service that has no reviews? Is it true that the only way out is to ask for help from your friends?

Same thinking.

1 hour ago, katterience said:

I am very interested to know about your beginning of the journey. What is the probability that someone will buy a service that has no reviews? Is it true that the only way out is to ask for help from your friends?

Think about it from a buyer's side (and no, asking your friends to order from you is NOT the answer, false reviews are against the TOS. Of course, you can say that 'but I will actually work for them' but still.)  

What would convince YOU to order from someone?

When I look for an artist (for personal projects), it's mostly their portfolio that matters to me. Only after making sure I like their style do I check their reviews (however, I do that to make sure they actually provide what they promise.)

You only have a few samples up for each of your gigs - and just in general, your gigs look kind of, well.. Generic. If you're a graphic designer, why not use all 7 gigs you can have? Show off your work more (figure out a fun solution to show as many samples as you can.) 

Try to impress people - and the chance of them trusting you is higher.

14 minutes ago, katakatica said:

Think about it from a buyer's side (and no, asking your friends to order from you is NOT the answer, false reviews are against the TOS. Of course, you can say that 'but I will actually work for them' but still.)  

What would convince YOU to order from someone?

When I look for an artist (for personal projects), it's mostly their portfolio that matters to me. Only after making sure I like their style do I check their reviews (however, I do that to make sure they actually provide what they promise.)

You only have a few samples up for each of your gigs - and just in general, your gigs look kind of, well.. Generic. If you're a graphic designer, why not use all 7 gigs you can have? Show off your work more (figure out a fun solution to show as many samples as you can.) 

Try to impress people - and the chance of them trusting you is higher.

This was exactly the advice I needed! I looked at my profile through the eyes of a buyer and indeed, it is not much different from the rest.. I need to put more effort into the design of my portfolio. Thank you so much, you have given me food for thought!

38 minutes ago, katterience said:

This was exactly the advice I needed! I looked at my profile through the eyes of a buyer and indeed, it is not much different from the rest.. I need to put more effort into the design of my portfolio. Thank you so much, you have given me food for thought!

Exactly! No worries, I know it's a bit tough getting started, especially in very crowded niches!

Archived