Should I give my voice sample for free or should I charge it?

ubun97

Hi,

I often asked by client to give them my voice sample(which posted in my gig) for free in order to give approval from their client.

I understand their position but I feel very unsecure if I give them my samples. I am very worry about my samples will be resell or misuse.

So I created a gig where I sell my sample only use as sample for their client.

Should I give my voice sample for free or should I charge it? Or should I give them my voice sample at first place?

Hope someone can give me some suggestion.

Best regards,

Vivian

1 hour ago, ubun97 said:

I often asked by client to give them my voice sample(which posted in my gig) for free in order to give approval from their client.

Ugh. Dealing with the middle person instead of the actual end client can be a hassle.

It is up to you to determine your policy on samples but just be aware that there are numerous "buyers" who just want something for free and have no intention of ever placing an order. The safest policy would be no money, no work. If you do offer samples, inserting a constant tone or noise into the audio to "mark" it may be good idea.

17 hours ago, enunciator said:

Ugh. Dealing with the middle person instead of the actual end client can be a hassle.

It is up to you to determine your policy on samples but just be aware that there are numerous "buyers" who just want something for free and have no intention of ever placing an order. The safest policy would be no money, no work. If you do offer samples, inserting a constant tone or noise into the audio to "mark" it may be good idea.

Thank you for your advise. 😄 Very appreciate!

1 minute ago, designer_luxury said:

Absolutely not. You can share your voice. Once you send Fiverr always check your voice for privacy. And if your service is voice you can charge it or not. It's depend upto you.

Hi designer_luxury,

Thanks for the advices. I have decided to stop giving free sample. 😄

Very appreciate for your comment.  

On 4/27/2022 at 7:05 AM, ubun97 said:

Should I give my voice sample for free or should I charge it?

Never do free work.  You are correct, they will steal it and use it. This is my quick response for all such requests, feel free to take it and use it. 

Thanks for contacting me. I would be happy to work with you, however, because of the volume of work we do, we unfortunately aren't able to provide custom samples.

You should easily find the delivery style you prefer by checking the samples on my YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NewsMikeVO

Or my Fiverr portfolio:

https://www.fiverr.com/users/newsmike/portfolio

Otherwise, you could select 25 words from your script and order a test gig for $25.

Thanks,

Mike

2 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Never do free work.  You are correct, they will steal it and use it. This is my quick response for all such requests, feel free to take it and use it. 

Thanks for contacting me. I would be happy to work with you, however, because of the volume of work we do, we unfortunately aren't able to provide custom samples.

You should easily find the delivery style you prefer by checking the samples on my YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NewsMikeVO

Or my Fiverr portfolio:

https://www.fiverr.com/users/newsmike/portfolio

Otherwise, you could select 25 words from your script and order a test gig for $25.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike.

Thanks for your advises and many thanks for showing your quick response message! 

I used to give some short free sample to get customer's attention when I start freelancing but obviously it did not go well.😖

So now I have decided to stop giving free sample. 😄

Very appreciate for your comment!!! 

Archived