Fiverr Customer Support cancelled order

mominahmed

I've been a Level 2 seller and worked on Fiverr for four years.

A client recently placed an order for an explainer video. I sent her the designs for approval before starting work on the animations. She promised to inform me after she met with her boss, but she didn't until the day of delivery. As the deadline approached, I asked her several times if she could accept the extension request, but she did not respond. As a result, I included the designs in the delivery and asked her that request revision. By accident, she marked the order as completed. I sent her a message to let her know that the order had been completed. She even stated that she would inform me by tomorrow after consulting with her boss. I promised her that I'd be there for her whenever she needed me and that I'd finish the video. It was something to which she agreed.

After a day, Fiverr Customer Support notified me that my order had been canceled and that I had been charged with a TOS violation for abusing the delivery option.
The issue isn't with the funds returned to the customer; it's with the rating. My order completion rate was eventually reduced to 95%. We work hard to maintain our high ratings, but clients like these ruin everything.

So my question is, was I wrong? I couldn't think of anything else to do. What should we do in this situation?

Thanks,
Momin

PS: HERE IS THE CONVERSATION WITH THE CLIENT

Screenshot_58.jpg.42f8988ce29857c8be3ccdacfa9cdce0.jpg

20 hours ago, mominahmed said:

So my question is, was I wrong?

Yes. Sending an incomplete delivery is definitely a violation of Fiverr's Terms of Service.

20 hours ago, mominahmed said:

What should we do in this situation?

When buyers take forever to respond, I send a cancellation request. Even if it means a hit to my stats. But that's just me, I refuse to allow that kind of stress into my life.

Hi Momin!

If you have any issues with a customer and you don't know how to proceed with the order, its best to contact Fiverr support first. They are super helpful. Out of the dozens of times where I had to use their help, they did.

To reach the support team about your order:

• From inside your order view click the Resolution Center button (bottom right corner of the screen)
  • Select one of the 3 selectable issues that best suit your situation
  • At the bottom there should be a small text saying "Contact Customer Support"
  • From there select one of the issues, and select "I still need help"
  • This should take you to the Resolution Center form

What you did there, although understandable, is a violation of the TOS.

Don't worry about it too much, just watch out not to do it in the future. A one-time violation isn't a big deal.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2022 at 11:45 AM, catwriter said:

Yes. Sending an incomplete delivery is definitely a violation of Fiverr's Terms of Service.

When buyers take forever to respond, I send a cancellation request. Even if it means a hit to my stats. But that's just me, I refuse to allow that kind of stress into my life.

But hitting the stats will make your rankings go down and it will take time to rank your gigs as they were before. 😓

On 4/16/2022 at 7:09 AM, mt_dev said:

Hi Momin!

If you have any issues with a customer and you don't know how to proceed with the order, its best to contact Fiverr support first. They are super helpful. Out of the dozens of times where I had to use their help, they did.

To reach the support team about your order:

• From inside your order view click the Resolution Center button (bottom right corner of the screen)
  • Select one of the 3 selectable issues that best suit your situation
  • At the bottom there should be a small text saying "Contact Customer Support"
  • From there select one of the issues, and select "I still need help"
  • This should take you to the Resolution Center form

What you did there, although understandable, is a violation of the TOS.

Don't worry about it too much, just watch out not to do it in the future. A one-time violation isn't a big deal.

Thank you for this. I will follow this next time. 🙂

8 minutes ago, mominahmed said:

wanted to make her feel comfortable. But I didn't know that she will do it like that. 😕

That doesn’t sound “comfortable” at all. It sounds like you are already blaming her that the order will be cancelled and that your ranking will go down (which is not her problem). 

1 hour ago, mominahmed said:

But hitting the stats will make your rankings go down and it will take time to rank your gigs as they were before. 😓

A violation of Fiverr's Terms of Service can get you permanently banned from Fiverr.

Then again, if you get permanently banned, at least you will never have to worry about your Fiverr stats again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2022 at 2:11 PM, mariashtelle1 said:

That doesn’t sound “comfortable” at all. It sounds like you are already blaming her that the order will be cancelled and that your ranking will go down (which is not her problem). 

Will try to avoid that from now. 🙂

On 4/26/2022 at 3:34 PM, catwriter said:

A violation of Fiverr's Terms of Service can get you permanently banned from Fiverr.

Then again, if you get permanently banned, at least you will never have to worry about your Fiverr stats again.

So you prefer cancelling the order rather than waiting? 😄

25 minutes ago, mominahmed said:

So you prefer cancelling the order rather than waiting? 😄

On 4/15/2022 at 8:45 AM, catwriter said:

Archived