Tips for someone who struggles to make the first sell

andreashuffing

Question

Hello there, I hope that I posted the thread to the correct subforum. 

I 'd like to know if there is something that I am missing. I 'm kind of disoriented in how to properly promote your products and services. 

To give you a context:

First time I created an account here, was about a year ago. I created it exclusively to sell beats and to create music for various occasions (ads, as soundscapes, for podcasts etc). I just made a gig and waited, because I didn't know what else I could do. I mean should I promote the link outside fiverr? It was kind useless, because people outside fiverr already have their own marketplace for beats etc. Two months later, without a single offer, I deactivated the account.

Now, I created again an account, offering except from my music services, also translating services and I'm planning to also offer voice over services. So I just made a gig a week ago, for translating services but again, I didn't promote it anywhere. So, as it is reasonable, no requests were made. 

Generally speaking, my skills are around music, semi-pro sound engineering, video editing (mainly for short videos), translating from greek to english and vice versa, voice acting (greek only), beatmaking coaching and creative writing (preferrably in Greek). 

My questions:

1. Can someone here be succesfull in more than 1 categories? For example having requests as a translator and as a musician?

2. I know that I hardly tried to promote my gigs etc, but is there any other thing that I forgot to keep in mind? Is there some kind of walkthrough to reach at least the first costumer? 

3. Is there a way to get rid of the spam messages? I mean it isn't so frustrating, but when you see a message from fiverr and for the tenth time in a row is again mister doodoopeepee123 sending you his telegram, makes you feel kind of useless because once again, there wasn't a client for you.

4. Do I ignore any services/products that I could offer? For example coaching someone on their beats, or something that I'm completely unaware of?

Sory if I seem the most ignorant person on fiverr, I just try to gain money from any source available, because atm I have less money than a piece of gum.

Peace and love.

4 answers to this question

Guest lloydsolutions
16 minutes ago, andreashuffing said:

I'd happily delete it and recreate it to the proper section.

Forum administrators will move it in due course.

You are asking a lot of questions in one topic.

You are only allowed to have one Fiverr account within which you can offer different services. Many sellers achieve success with this.

Check this out for more answers to your questions:

Here is the updated link for the above article: https://community.fiverr.com/forums/forum/16-tips-for-sellers

1 minute ago, lloydsolutions said:

Forum administrators will move it in due course.

You are asking a lot of questions in one topic.

You are only allowed to have one Fiverr account within which you can offer different services. Many sellers achieve success with this.

Check this out for more answers to your questions:

Here is the updated link for the above article: https://community.fiverr.com/forums/forum/16-tips-for-sellers

Thank you very much for your kindness and your embedded topic. It seems like what I need atm. Thank you again and peace!

Archived