Facebook access, yes or no?

nicklaslo

I have hired a gig for doing SEO and ad campaign work on Facebook and Google, however the seller is asking for my own log in details to Facebook in order to get the best results out of the facebook ad campaign

I thought I could ask here, is this common?
I mean, all my lifetime I have been taught NEVER (EVER) to give out my own login details no matter what, but in this case it seems grey area so to speak?

If someone with very many gigs and reputation could respond to this would be a great comfort for how I should do

I mean, the seller gets instant access to all my friends, all my conversations and whatnot

I have already given him good reputation and the order itself is already completed, perhaps was a bad move from me, but he asked me to leave review after he was done with SEO

I'll put it this way, there is zero circumstance in which I would ever give someone my personal login information - zero.

That being said, many platforms have a way to grant admin rights for certain activities.  I've never looked to see if FB business pages have this function. 

1 hour ago, nicklaslo said:

have already given him good reputation and the order itself is already completed, perhaps was a bad move from me, but he asked me to leave review after he was done with SEO

So did you already have him your login details? 
And he asked you to complete an order and leave a review even though he didn’t finish his work? 😱

These are two straight fiverr TOS violations: asking for review and delivering partial order. 
His account can be banned just for those two violations so no way I would trust that seller.

9 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

So did you already have him your login details? 
And he asked you to complete an order and leave a review even though he didn’t finish his work? 😱

These are two straight fiverr TOS violations: asking for review and delivering partial order. 
His account can be banned just for those two violations so no way I would trust that seller.

Oh boy, this wasnt pleasant to read 😕

No, I havent given him login details.
And yes, he asked for review, and marked order as completed after the SEO, but then he said that he will keep doing the Email sending list campaign, facebook ads and google ads after that

I dont know what to do really, since I dont know how good he made his work, I cant really blame him "yet"
And he is not demanding login details, just said its easier that way, but... 

1 minute ago, nicklaslo said:

I dont know what to do really, since I dont know how good he made his work, I cant really blame him "yet"

Just in case: fiverr’s official timeline to get a refund is 14 days after completing an order. 
After that it might be quite tough to get a refund if your seller doesn’t deliver what he promised especially because you approved the delivery and left a review. 
Your seller might deliver full order but nonetheless he broke two fiverr rules just in your order. 

Archived