What to do when a client sent email address you on Fiverr?

gomalgraphic

Question

I sent a file on the delivery of the Fiverr order.
Then the client asked me to remove the Fiverr watermark,
I said to accept the order then remove the watermark automatically.
Then the client sent me an email address and said send me a file on the email, he sent me the email, I told him no
Now in the situation, I don't know what to do?
 Thank you

3 answers to this question

5 hours ago, gomalgraphic said:

Then the client sent me an email address and said send me a file on the email, he sent me the email, I told him no
Now in the situation, I don't know what to do?

You can explain to the client you don't feel comfortable e-mailing him. If he has marked the order complete, you could consider sending him a Google Drive link (or similar). It won't show your contact info and will be a way for him to download the way he wants.

You tell them no just like you did. Inform them it's against Fiverr's TOS to share email addresses.

It sounds like they were trying to get away with not completing the order and still getting the delivery. Always make sure to deliver through Fiverr properly so they have to accept it.

There are two ways to this issue

1. Its against 5r TOS to commune or relate off the platform

2. 5r tends to protect its users by imposing these rules, because a buyer of such might receive the project off 5r and cancel the order half way done on 5r. You as the seller would be left stranded without any cards to play or justification on your part.

Bottom line, obey the TOS. They are made to keep sellers as well as buyers safe

Archived