Establishing yourself as an Expert Freelancer on Quora ?

mario_cosma

Question

Hello everybody my name is Mario😀. After doing some research I decided to turn some things around in my life and due to the fact that I am not happy anymore with my job I decided that would be great to offer the expertise accumulated over the years as a Freelancer on Fiverr and do my own thing. So it is more of a long-term plan and my question is addressed to the Veterans on the platform.

I just completed the Online Freelancing Essentials Course and at one point it was mentioned there that Quora is a great source of traffic to your profile / gigs and potentially convert into sales.

I would like to ask those that used/use Quora how much of that is true since Quora is a Q&A platform and this kind of makes me question how effective it can be. 🤨

Even if I dont have any experience with Quora I assume people use it to ask questions ( obviously😅 ) and I was thinking for example if someone is interested in lets say Potatoes ( dumb example, just trying to make a point🙂 ) he goes on Quora and ask his potato-related question "How do I bake potatoes ? How that works ?" etc. and then I have to give the man a genuine answer and I say "This is how you bake potatoes and bla bla bla .. but by the way I sell potatoes myself, here is my link"

Probably the person will click the link out of curiosity because he is interested into potatoes but I just dont see how that could ever convert into a sale.

Did Quora helped anyone convert into sales and find potential clients ? Looking forward to hear your thoughts on this

17 answers to this question

On 1/19/2022 at 1:04 AM, mario_cosma said:

Hello everybody my name is Mario😀. After doing some research I decided to turn some things around in my life and due to the fact that I am not happy anymore with my job I decided that would be great to offer the expertise accumulated over the years as a Freelancer on Fiverr and do my own thing. So it is more of a long-term plan and my question is addressed to the Veterans on the platform.

I just completed the Online Freelancing Essentials Course and at one point it was mentioned there that Quora is a great source of traffic to your profile / gigs and potentially convert into sales.

I would like to ask those that used/use Quora how much of that is true since Quora is a Q&A platform and this kind of makes me question how effective it can be. 🤨

Even if I dont have any experience with Quora I assume people use it to ask questions ( obviously😅 ) and I was thinking for example if someone is interested in lets say Potatoes ( dumb example, just trying to make a point🙂 ) he goes on Quora and ask his potato-related question "How do I bake potatoes ? How that works ?" etc. and then I have to give the man a genuine answer and I say "This is how you bake potatoes and bla bla bla .. but by the way I sell potatoes myself, here is my link"

Probably the person will click the link out of curiosity because he is interested into potatoes but I just dont see how that could ever convert into a sale.

Did Quora helped anyone convert into sales and find potential clients ? Looking forward to hear your thoughts on this

Yes, your thoughts are right. But sometime it happens. We should have a eye on that forum but it is not good practice to share gig link without any reason.

Nice. But i want to build my profile in Quora. But i didn’t get flexibility on this platform. Suggestion please 

Thanks 

Thank you so much! for sharing your most valuable information about Quoar.

On 1/18/2022 at 8:04 PM, mario_cosma said:

Thank you for sharing 

On 1/19/2022 at 2:57 AM, deluxewriting said:

Greetings Mario,

Establishing yourself as a niche authority on Quora is a great way to not only drive traffic, and possibly sales, to your website, but it can also help you get access to other income avenues. Highly followed Quora profiles often get featured in interviews and their answers show up pretty high in Google search results, so you could leverage that as well. I wouldn't expect quick results though, as you will need to consistently participate in relevant topics and spaces, to see substantial traffic to your profile and business.  

P.S. The Quora community does not take kind to excessive self-promotion, so you will need to be mindful of that. I am sure that you will see an increase in your business if you participate explicitly for the purpose of adding value to the community and allow business opportunities to come naturally to you. 

May the force be with you!

I really like the way you answered and it's quite useful. Thanks for that.

Greetings Mario,

Establishing yourself as a niche authority on Quora is a great way to not only drive traffic, and possibly sales, to your website, but it can also help you get access to other income avenues. Highly followed Quora profiles often get featured in interviews and their answers show up pretty high in Google search results, so you could leverage that as well. I wouldn't expect quick results though, as you will need to consistently participate in relevant topics and spaces, to see substantial traffic to your profile and business.  

P.S. The Quora community does not take kind to excessive self-promotion, so you will need to be mindful of that. I am sure that you will see an increase in your business if you participate explicitly for the purpose of adding value to the community and allow business opportunities to come naturally to you. 

May the force be with you!

Archived