Fiverr removed my one gig of proofreading and editing

numankhalid76

Question

Hi,

I have a question. I am providing proofreading and editing of essays, thesis, articles, books and novels etc. Today, Fiverr has removed my one of proofreading gigs. They explained that you are doing academic work, but I am only providing proofreading and editing service for grammar errors, spellings etc. Now what should I do? Should I contact Fiverr?

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, numankhalid76 said:

But a lot of sellers are providing the same service.

If everyone else will jump from the roof will you jump too? 

ok, jokes aside, fiverr will remove those gigs too dinner or later. Sometimes they notice gigs that break TOS pretty fast and sometimes it takes time but those gigs will be removed sooner or later 

12 hours ago, numankhalid76 said:

Hi,

I have a question. I am providing proofreading...Fiverr has removed my one of proofreading gigs. They explained that you are doing academic work...Now what should I do? Should I contact Fiverr?

Yes it's probably a good idea to contact CS eg. through the helpdesk.

Show them this link: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360020869658-Academic-services-on-Fiverr---The-Dos-and-Donts?segment=buyer

In that link it says:

You are welcome to share a completed document, such as a project paper, essay, dissertation, and so on, for it to be proofread by one of our sellers. 

Writing the essay for them wouldn't be allowed. But proofreading an essay is allowed according to Fiverr's link. Also if you got a warning see if you can get the warning removed.

One person had their essay proofreading gig removed and then reinstated.

See this post:

In the above thread Fiverr had removed a gig that was providing proofreading and copy editing of college essays, then Fiverr later reinstated the gig.

Archived