Invoices BEFORE payments

ddickens2020

Good afternoon. I'm fishing through all of these topics, but can't seem to find an answer. I have a customer who would like an invoice prior to payment. I believe he owns a company, wants to provide a service, and would like to show his client. Anyway, I've only seen that invoices are issued only upon payment.

Has anyone had any experience with this or know if that is an option that FIVERR provides?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Dom

5 minutes ago, ddickens2020 said:

Good afternoon. I'm fishing through all of these topics, but can't seem to find an answer. I have a customer who would like an invoice prior to payment. I believe he owns a company, wants to provide a service, and would like to show his client. Anyway, I've only seen that invoices are issued only upon payment.

Has anyone had any experience with this or know if that is an option that FIVERR provides?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Dom

You should never send an invoice before a payment. That's not what an invoice is for. 

3 hours ago, smashradio said:

You should never send an invoice before a payment. That's not what an invoice is for. 

I mean technically, that is exactly what an invoice is for, but I understand that FIVERR operates differently. I asked a question and just wanted to know if there was some additional functionality within FIVERR. You just said never, but no reason as to why. That is fine. Thank you for your response.

3 hours ago, theratypist said:

I've seen this information prior, but it did answer an additional question I had. Your help is appreciated. Thank you.

- Dom

16 minutes ago, ddickens2020 said:

I mean technically, that is exactly what an invoice is for,

An invoice is a receipt for goods purchased or services rendered - past tense. A quote or estimate is for giving an amount upfront. But either way, happy to hear you got it sorted. I do my own invoicing since a lot of my business isn't over Fiverr, but I can recommend you draw up a spreadsheet that calculates totals and the taxes you pay.

1 minute ago, precords1275 said:

An invoice is a receipt for goods purchased or services rendered - past tense. A quote or estimate is for giving an amount upfront. But either way, happy to hear you got it sorted. I do my own invoicing since a lot of my business isn't over Fiverr, but I can recommend you draw up a spreadsheet that calculates totals and the taxes you pay.

Exactly. You can give people a quote, proposal, sales contract and so on. An invoice is a confirmation of payment for accounting purposes. 

Archived