Can a custom offer be promoted?

congruentgraph

Hi everyone,

I have a somewhat strange situation.

A while back I got a order that was promoted by the system and marked accordingly. Everything went great, the buyer was very happy and she purchased another logo. This order was marked as promoted again. I figured that she probably found the gig the same way as the first time hence the promoted tag.

Now she asked me for a custom project and I sent her a custom offer in the message section which she accepted. Guess what? This order is also marked as promoted. 

I'm curious, did any of you run into similar situations or is it just me?

Thank you,

Stefan 

1 hour ago, congruentgraph said:

Hi everyone,

I have a somewhat strange situation.

A while back I got a order that was promoted by the system and marked accordingly. Everything went great, the buyer was very happy and she purchased another logo. This order was marked as promoted again. I figured that she probably found the gig the same way as the first time hence the promoted tag.

Now she asked me for a custom project and I sent her a custom offer in the message section which she accepted. Guess what? This order is also marked as promoted. 

I'm curious, did any of you run into similar situations or is it just me?

Thank you,

Stefan 

When you say "marked as promoted" do you mean you're being charged for a click in promoted gigs?

41 minutes ago, congruentgraph said:

Do your custom offers also appear as Promoted?

Yes, but you don't pay anything for it. You pay only for clicks of new customers or visitors. 

It shows "Promoted" in your custom offer to remind you that your buyer found you using this feature. If you get the first order from promoted gigs, all other orders from the same customer will be marked as Promoted. 

It looks a bit strange for me as well, but it is what it is. 

6 hours ago, vovkaslovesnyy said:

Yes, but you don't pay anything for it. You pay only for clicks of new customers or visitors. 

It shows "Promoted" in your custom offer to remind you that your buyer found you using this feature. If you get the first order from promoted gigs, all other orders from the same customer will be marked as Promoted. 

It looks a bit strange for me as well, but it is what it is. 

Thank you for the clarification. I have 3 orders from the same user, all marked as promoted and all show up in the promoted section. 

It would have made more sense to me to only mark the first promoted order as promoted.

screenshot.4.jpg

Hey @congruentgraph
My name is Amir, and I'm the Product Manager leading Promoted Gigs on Fiverr.

Promoted Gigs dashboard shows *ALL* orders made between you and a given buyer, within 30 days after he clicked on one of your ads.
Meaning, he might click only once on Gig_A, but end up buying 5 times your Gig_B -> all of these orders will be tagged as "Promoted Gigs".

However, you will ONLY pay for the ad clicks.

You can hear about it more on the new webinar we've recently added - link.

[Note that "30 days attribution" is common within most of the marketing tools, so I'm curious why do you think it will be better to mark only the first order]

Archived