What happens when a client places an order but doesn't submit requirements, and then vanishes?

petrus60

Question

What do we when a client (in this case, one who I have previously worked with), accepts an offer but doesn't submit their requirements?

I have sent a reminder and messaged them, but it's now been 3 weeks and not a word. I can see that the client has been online.

This has happened once before. The last time I contacted Fiverr Support and asked for advice and asked that they didn't cancel the order as I didn't want a cancellation on my stats. Unfortunately, they went straight ahead and cancelled the order and I had a cancellation against me for 60 days, which seemed a bit unfair as I didn't have any material with which to complete the order.

Has anyone else come up against this and if so is there a happy solution?

Cheers.

12 answers to this question

1 minute ago, petrus60 said:

So it could just stay there forever..... which offends my sense of neatness and order!

Hahaha!

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010560198

On rare occasions (such as fraudulent purchases, buyers ordering by mistake, or the seller not having enough information to start working on an order) a cancellation can be handled and will not affect a seller’s Order Completion Rate.

You can point this out to Customer Support 😄

Thanks for the response, Thera.

Well in an ideal world, Fiverr would look at the situation and see that a seller has no way of completing the order, has tried their best to contact the buyer, but without response, and would do the charitable thing and simply cancel the order WITHOUT IT ADVERSELY AFFECTING THE SELLER'S STATS.

I am nervous of contacting support because as I wrote above, the last time I did this, they just cancelled it and it stayed on my stats for 60 days, once again offending not only my sense of neatness, but also of fair play.

Lol.

Would love to hear from Support about this, before contacting them and risking the same thing happening again.

25 minutes ago, petrus60 said:

I am nervous of contacting support because as I wrote above, the last time I did this, they just cancelled it and it stayed on my stats for 60 days, once again offending not only my sense of neatness, but also of fair play.

Lol.

Would love to hear from Support about this, before contacting them and risking the same thing happening again.

Hahaha, I think it depends on the person you land on! It could be a hit and miss with CS sometimes.... I've read a lot of other posts here in the forum where it didn't affect the cancellation rate (although the reason was buyer ordered by mistake). Perhaps they have another rulebook and protocol on orders without requirements placed! 

I hope you get that settled soon! For your peace of mind of course 😁🧐

When you reach CS for a order cancellation,

If there is nothing wrong from your side, they will cancel the order without impacting to your metrics and cancellation rate usually.

But yes, you will see it in your cancelled order list, and also in cancelled order area for mobile dashboard and analytics as fiverr can't vanish an activity from their system. They can just make you sure that this cancellation is not impacting to to your metrics and cancellation rate.

Be happy.

Hmm. Thanks S_S.

So when we see the drop in the percentage of our completed orders, that isn’t reflected in our “actual stats”? That seems counterintuitive.

I expect many of us have had situations where a buyer places an order, realizes that they’ve made a mistake, cancelled, and then reordered within minutes. But it still shows up as a cancellation on our numbers. And this can happen while we’re asleep!

I've had a handful of these over the years and despite platitudes from CS, they remain on my stats. Are you saying that Fiverr keeps different records from what we - and prospective clients - can see?

In the interests of transparency, I will admit that I’ve told CS at least a dozen times that Fiverr’s cancellation system sucks, as I feel that we can get penalized for things that are entirely outside our control.

I promise I’ll stop ranting soon.

I wanna share my personal experience here. Hope this helps... 

1. Sometimes my previous buyers need some extra works here. They share their issues to my inbox section then I send them a custom order request for their changes. But the requirements section didn't add any words even they didn't click that order start button too.

>> If I check their last message from my inbox then I solved their issues then click that order star button and then send them the delivery here. 

2. If I need a cancellation then >>> Sometimes clients didn't share anything like no requirements or no hints. Then I tried to wait for them and also try to reach them here but if they didn't share anything then I tried to reach this marketplace customer support with some screenshots

>>> Then told them Without requirements it's not possible to complete this order. Already tried to reach this buyer more times but this guy didn't share anything here. So, its better please cancel this order and don't change my order completion rate here because it's not my fault. And maybe you knew that without requirements or hints it's not possible to complete this order. 

### Then this marketplace cancel this order and didn't change my order completion rate too... 

23 hours ago, petrus60 said:

So when we see the drop in the percentage of our completed orders, that isn’t reflected in our “actual stats”? That seems counterintuitive.

If you see a drop in the percentage after a cancelled order, that means it has affected your completion rate. If you don't see a drop, likely CS has allowed it not to affect the completion rate. That rate still is based on your last 60 days. So every day, it may change and eventually becomes 100% again.

Regardless of the above, there will be a history of all your cancelled orders. But this is simply a historical list for record purposes. Nothing else to it 😄

1 hour ago, petrus60 said:

I’m going to reach out to reach out to CS and ask them NOT to cancel the order unless they can guarantee that it will not affect my stats.

Please do let us know how it turns out! I hope the stars align for you haha! 

Archived