Is it possible to add additional terms to a gig?

prthompson

Question

Hi everyone! Is it possible to add additional terms to a gig that a buyer has to agree to? I think for most gigs this probably isn't a feature sellers would need but I was wondering in relation to financial related gigs (for instance creating a forex robot for buyer) it might be necessary to get a legal disclaimer/terms added to the product for legal reasons so that the seller cannot in the future sue the seller if they lose money?  Does anyone have any experience they could share in this area? Is it already covered somehow in the legal terms of the platform? Thanks for your time, Paul Thompson

2 answers to this question

You can add additional conditions to your gig (like the TOS says that the buyer gets all rights to the work "unless otherwise specified by the Seller on their Gig page"). But gigs still have to do what the TOS/policy/other rules say. Some gigs do have a legal disclaimer.

1 hour ago, prthompson said:

I was wondering in relation to financial related gigs (for instance creating a forex robot for buyer) it might be necessary to get a legal disclaimer/terms added to the product for legal reasons so that the seller cannot in the future sue the seller if they lose money? 

I'm not sure Forex robot would be allowed - so I wouldn't make any gig that does/or would offer robots that do Forex trading or gives trading indicators. The community standards says:

Services that can pose financial risks for our users        

Do not offer or ask for:

• Services that require getting access to the buyer’s sensitive financial information.

• Opening, managing, or implementing changes in a financial account. 

• Providing loans.

• Trading signals or indicators.

https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards/prohibited-services

The TOS also says:

Sellers are responsible for obtaining a general liability insurance policy with coverage amounts that are sufficient to cover all risks associated with the performance of their services.

Archived