fiverr scamming flaw

antonio26900

so in one of my gigs I offer to digitally add the buyer's content on a billboard in a video, so basically I have a video of a billboard, and I add the buyer's content on there in the video, this is obviously just a video, the buyer's content won't go in the billboard in real life, and even if that is obvious, in order to cover my butt I state this in the title, several times very clearly in the gig's description, and I even made this answer in the faq of my gig, so the fact that this is just a video could not be clearer, not to mention the gig starts from $10 and it's one of the most famous billboards on the planet so having it there in real life would cost tens of thousands of dollars. Anyway AFTER I finished the video and addressed all client's instructions on how to do it, he would reject the order saying that he thought the content would go on the billboard in real life, I delivered the video again AND this time I also attached various snapshots of the gig's description where I clearly state that this is just a visual effects gig and the content would not really go on the billboard in real life, he again ignored all this and requested a "revision" saying he thought this would go in real life. I contacted fiverr customer service and to my big surprise they could not care less if I completed my job properly, delivered the video 100% finished and they didn't even care that i stated in my gig that this would be a visual effects gig and that the guy was obviously trying to scam me, the only solution they offered me was to cancel the order, which is what I ended up doing just to get it over with, but it was a $45 order so I really didn't want to cancel it as I did my job. Now, this is obviously a scam, i don't believe for a second that the buyer really thought his content would really go on the billboard especially after even the title of the gig says it, basically... anybody who simply refuses to accept a delivery with the stupidest excuse gets away with this scam?? fiverr really needs to at least review the converstation and what happens and judge if the buyer is trying to scam people and get away with a free gig, before defending the buyers unconditionally no matter what, this is really bad. The good thing is that this almost never happened before, if it happened more often I would stop selling on fiverr, this is a big flaw which would need to be addressed. 

3 hours ago, antonio26900 said:

I contacted fiverr customer service and to my big surprise they could not care less if I completed my job properly, delivered the video 100% finished and they didn't even care that i stated in my gig that this would be a visual effects gig

This doesn't sound like Customer Support. Perhaps this is more your personal take on how you think CS responded? 🤔

but it was a $45 order so I really didn't want to cancel it as I did my job. Now, this is obviously a scam, i don't believe for a second that the buyer really thought his content would really go on the billboard especially after even the title of the gig says it, basically... anybody who simply refuses to accept a delivery with the stupidest excuse gets away with this scam??

Why would someone pay you $45 "to scam you"? Perhaps he/she really did think their content would go on the real billboard. After all, your well-edited gig videos are very compelling to someone who might see this as actually being a real ad at those locations. There are buyers who are like this. Not every buyer carefully reads instructions. 

fiverr really needs to at least review the converstation and what happens and judge if the buyer is trying to scam people and get away with a free gig

Again, I don't think this was happening. And I'm sure CS did review the relevant conversation/ticket info, hence their advice to you.

The good thing is that this almost never happened before, if it happened more often I would stop selling on fiverr, this is a big flaw which would need to be addressed. 

The fact that this never happened to you before, makes me believe, even more, that this is a case of a buyer who chose not to read directions, and was impressed by the realism of your videos, and truly believed in the artificial reality you create within your service. 

I'm sorry to hear that you had to cancel the order, but at least it's only been one order so far. Consider this, too, in the real world, microwave appliance manufacturers put warnings on their products, like, "don't put electronic items into the microwave", because, someone, somewhere, tried it, probably hoping to charge their device, and instead caused a fire. Yes, there are short-sighted people/buyers like this. Every business has them.

Guest kamrun_nahar67
15 hours ago, zahid_khan_67 said:

true fact is buyers don't read gigs properly... same types of things also happened with me...

true

Archived