Is it normal that timer keeps running when order is delivered?

Guest lilykatovideos

Question

Guest lilykatovideos

Hi!

I have this order I have been working on this whole week. It started on monday (and it's a sunday now). Originally there was a three day delivery for it, but then the buyer requested an extra revision for an extra day of delivery time. Every time he came back with a new revision request, the timer was WAAY closer to the deadline than how long I kept him waiting for. Now, he got back to me with a new revision request after 24 or so hours of inactivity, and the timer says I'm late with my delivery. Why is this happening? Is it normal? Is there a bug? 

I'm sorry if this is a silly question, this is my first order and I don't know if this is how it's supposed to be happening. I hope you can help me out.

Thank you!

2 answers to this question

51 minutes ago, lilykatovideos said:

Hi!

I have this order I have been working on this whole week. It started on monday (and it's a sunday now). Originally there was a three day delivery for it, but then the buyer requested an extra revision for an extra day of delivery time. Every time he came back with a new revision request, the timer was WAAY closer to the deadline than how long I kept him waiting for. Now, he got back to me with a new revision request after 24 or so hours of inactivity, and the timer says I'm late with my delivery. Why is this happening? Is it normal? Is there a bug? 

I'm sorry if this is a silly question, this is my first order and I don't know if this is how it's supposed to be happening. I hope you can help me out.

Thank you!

Extend the deadline.

As long as the ORIGINAL delivery was made on time, Revisions can show 'late' without affecting your statistics.

However, a Gig Extra might mess with the clock, from what I've read here on the forums. For those, additional delivery time needs to be added on from the time of the original deadline plus the time needed to finish the additional work, and not the time that the Extra is made or accepted. 

So, it depends on if 'extra revision' is a Gig Extra or an order Revision.

Archived