Odd Message - Potential Scam?

Hello,
I’m fairly new to Fiverr but do lots of work on other sites.

I received a message that said something like " I’m going to send you an audio file so there is confusion about my typing style". Attached to the message was a five min audio file, when I played the file is was a recording of a well spoken Australian man apparently called Mr Yarwood who runs a company called Ya Crypto and requires daily voice over recordings to update his client on the market. He has lots of other sellers but as they have multiple projects he is looking to add another voice over seller to his projects. About 80% of the recording was talking about what his company does, not really what he needs.
The buyer is from Romania, has zero reviews, yet sends a recorded message in a well spoken Australian accent. Maybe I’m being overly paranoid but something doesn’t quite fit. If you have lots of sellers working for you then where are reviews, and how come you’ve only been registered since April 2021? Yes, you could be a well spoken Australian called Mr Yarwood who runs an crypto currency compnay and is currently in or based in Romania, I suppose, but to me the whole thing seems odd. The initial text messages didn’t seem to have been written by a native English speaker.
Any advice ?

Go with your gut instincts and politely turn down the offer.

Personally, I specifically turn down all crypto related script content after a terrible experience with someone who wanted me to commit a crime on video while extolling the virtues of their crypto pyramid scheme.

Go with your gut instincts and politely turn down the offer.

Personally, I specifically turn down all crypto related script content after a terrible experience with someone who wanted me to commit a crime on video while extolling the virtues of their crypto pyramid scheme.

Ok - thanks for your advice.

Archived