Messages from buyers

drthanina

Am I the only one that buyers send me messages of what they want me to do and when I respond to them (kindly of course) and I tell them what I need in order to start the job ( choose package, number of words, …) I don’t get any response ? I don’t understand where is the problem ( my response time is 1 hour)

What you have to take into consideration is that these buyers may be sending out the SAME message to many sellers and perhaps they are picking someone who responded faster, or is cheaper or who knows?

It is NOT uncommon though to be ghosted after someone sends a message showing interest and you write back.

GG

What you have to take into consideration is that these buyers may be sending out the SAME message to many sellers and perhaps they are picking someone who responded faster, or is cheaper or who knows?

It is NOT uncommon though to be ghosted after someone sends a message showing interest and you write back.

GG

is it correct to ask about the budget to create a custom offer ?

is it correct to ask about the budget to create a custom offer ?

Depends on what their message to you was.

Don’t you already have Gig(s) that you could lead them to that offer what they are asking for? If so, drop them that link. If not, then you can let them know (let’s say you are a writer) that x number of words costs x number of dollars.

I never ask anyone what their budget is. I have prices that I charge and stick to. Take it or leave it. Now, others may have Gigs where discussing a budget is par for the course, and, I would suppose asking them what their budget is would be the norm. But, I think that opens you up to them low balling.

GG

Archived