Hii! New to Fiverr

asa_bull

I started using Upwork and Fiverr at around the same time, in mid January this year, and I must admit I’ve had a lot better run on Upwork to date when opposed to Fiverr. (about $850 sales and 8 jobs against $100 and 1 job over two months)

Both have a range of high to low quality jobs/buyer requests. I prefer Upwork’s system hourly rate system, and using their time tracking tool, you get protection for your hours that you’ve worked. Note that doesn’t prevent you from perhaps getting a bad review, but at least you will get paid for your effort.

The community here is more friendly and more helpful. Over there, it’s very stiff and advice is sometimes far from helpful. Or even polite.

As far as customers staying with you, I’ve had multiple repeat customers on the other site, and the one client I worked for here has approached me to do another job for him in a week or two. So I don’t think there’s really any difference in terms of repeat business from clients.

Running both in parallel is a good option, and see which works best for you 🙂

I started using Upwork and Fiverr at around the same time, in mid January this year, and I must admit I’ve had a lot better run on Upwork to date when opposed to Fiverr. (about $850 sales and 8 jobs against $100 and 1 job over two months)

Both have a range of high to low quality jobs/buyer requests. I prefer Upwork’s system hourly rate system, and using their time tracking tool, you get protection for your hours that you’ve worked. Note that doesn’t prevent you from perhaps getting a bad review, but at least you will get paid for your effort.

The community here is more friendly and more helpful. Over there, it’s very stiff and advice is sometimes far from helpful. Or even polite.

As far as customers staying with you, I’ve had multiple repeat customers on the other site, and the one client I worked for here has approached me to do another job for him in a week or two. So I don’t think there’s really any difference in terms of repeat business from clients.

Running both in parallel is a good option, and see which works best for you 🙂

Thank you janeeditor. Much appreciated. Love the community here.

So looks like UpWork works better when I only have limited time. Glad to hear you had good run on UpWork but does that mean they tend to have better and steady buyers? I have heard Fiverr have more international exposures but I am not sure.

Also, did you try to increase price on both platforms, is it easy to do so without too much peer competitions?

Thank you janeeditor. Much appreciated. Love the community here.

So looks like UpWork works better when I only have limited time. Glad to hear you had good run on UpWork but does that mean they tend to have better and steady buyers? I have heard Fiverr have more international exposures but I am not sure.

Also, did you try to increase price on both platforms, is it easy to do so without too much peer competitions?

UpWork works better when I only have limited time

I wouldn’t say that is necessarily true. My husband is also a freelancer on both platforms (in a different field, so no overlap), and he’s had more success on Fiverr than Upwork.

Hence my advice is to try both and see which works better. I haven’t increased my price as I know the work I’m doing (and my time) has a certain intrinsic value so I charge that. Certainly no less than that.

Archived