A seller is threatening me

jinghu919

I hired a seller to edit my youtube videos.

I asked for some changes initially, he is very careless and missed some feedback I pointed out so I had to go back and forth to correct him on the same mistakes. Then when I asked for 2nd update because the quality of the work was so poor. Which he declined to do the update, so I decided to not use his work and asked to cancel the order.

He accepted the cancelling request, but then he started to call me Btch (not a typo), and then threatening to put my videos on youtube. This is horrible! I have no idea why this person can be rated close to 5 stars.

What else I can do aside from reporting him?

I asked for some changes initially, he is very careless and missed some feedback I pointed out so I had to go back and forth to correct him on the same mistakes. Then when I asked for 2nd update because the quality of the work was so poor. Which he declined to do the update, so I decided to not use his work and asked to cancel the order.

He accepted the cancelling request, but then he started to call me Btch (not a typo), and then threatening to put my videos on youtube. This is horrible! I have no idea why this person can be rated close to 5 stars.

threatening to put my videos on youtube

What are the potential consequences of this? What kind of videos do you post? (If they’re of you, you can get YouTube involved.)

threatening to put my videos on youtube

What are the potential consequences of this? What kind of videos do you post? (If they’re of you, you can get YouTube involved.)

it is an interview type of video. Which the raw footage was an interview that has myself and an advisor from my team. I asked him to cut into three videos, clean up + adding transitions + adding text to explain the topics.

Sorry, you had bad luck in selecting a video editor. He sounds like a sketchy person but still, we do not have all the info regarding the price point and what editing was needed and the length of the video.

If he did the work (even poor work) he could feel entitled to be compensated for his work.

Send screenshots of everything to CS.

Upload your video raw footage on Youtube as unlisted/private to make sure you place it first.

But I feel if he is like this he is going to do it so you should prepare for anything, he is not fine in the head to behave like that on a business platform.

Archived