Fiverr Gig Video Suggestions

eliiclaire

Took a gander at the two live recording videos you’ve got displayed! Here’s some things I noticed!

The blog post writing gig’s music is a bit too overpowering compared to your voice. (Btw, nice job in playing the piano!)

Both videos have a very noticeable flickering from light to dim. I’m not sure if that is a video editing issue, camera issue, or actual lighting issue.

Be sure to know exactly what you are going to say before the record button is ever pressed! Spontaneity and improvising on the spot has their merits, but not really in a structured commercial, which a gig video basically is! Professional commercials leave nothing to improvisation, and are painstakingly thoroughly structured to maximize the impact of every second of air time!

Don’t overthink about your actual performance and try to view the camera in a different light. Stage fright and camera shyness are incredibly common, but to try to help overcome these issues, try to personify the camera as something that evokes the particular feelings and emotions you want to convey.

If you want to convey anger, picture the camera as someone you absolutely despise. If you want to portray friendliness, view it as your best friend, etc. I know it sounds hokey, but there are many different visualization techniques that can possibly help. Being comfortable while performing live either comes naturally, or with practice; there’s nothing in between!

Took a gander at the two live recording videos you’ve got displayed! Here’s some things I noticed!

The blog post writing gig’s music is a bit too overpowering compared to your voice. (Btw, nice job in playing the piano!)

Both videos have a very noticeable flickering from light to dim. I’m not sure if that is a video editing issue, camera issue, or actual lighting issue.

Be sure to know exactly what you are going to say before the record button is ever pressed! Spontaneity and improvising on the spot has their merits, but not really in a structured commercial, which a gig video basically is! Professional commercials leave nothing to improvisation, and are painstakingly thoroughly structured to maximize the impact of every second of air time!

Don’t overthink about your actual performance and try to view the camera in a different light. Stage fright and camera shyness are incredibly common, but to try to help overcome these issues, try to personify the camera as something that evokes the particular feelings and emotions you want to convey.

If you want to convey anger, picture the camera as someone you absolutely despise. If you want to portray friendliness, view it as your best friend, etc. I know it sounds hokey, but there are many different visualization techniques that can possibly help. Being comfortable while performing live either comes naturally, or with practice; there’s nothing in between!

Thank you so much; this is super helpful! I’ll go ahead and re-record when I have some time.

Archived