IVR and rights question

loupoulsom

Hi there,

I am fairly new to Fiverr and have worked a couple of jobs with IVR. On my last job I charged $10 commercial rights. I wasn’t sure whether to do commercial or broadcast but as the IVR was for a commercial phone system I thought it would be more appropriate. My client is asking questions about the commercial rights and I want to be sure that I’ve got it right for them. Am I right to charge Commercial rights on a company voicemail voice over? If not I’ll get back to them pronto!

Lou

Please, please don’t take my post as criticism - it’s really not!

All I want to say is that in one breath you are talking about ‘commercial rights’ - and in the next breath you are talking about ‘$10’.

In my humble opinion, these two phrases do not go hand in hand.

Since when were commercial rights worth just $10? $10 is like two or three reams of cheap A4 / letter size paper for the company photocopier or a couple of take out coffees - it’s nothing to a business. Commercial rights should be worth so much more.

Please, please don’t take my post as criticism - it’s really not!

All I want to say is that in one breath you are talking about ‘commercial rights’ - and in the next breath you are talking about ‘$10’.

In my humble opinion, these two phrases do not go hand in hand.

Since when were commercial rights worth just $10? $10 is like two or three reams of cheap A4 / letter size paper for the company photocopier or a couple of take out coffees - it’s nothing to a business. Commercial rights should be worth so much more.

Thanks both. Yes, agreed, I don’t want to charge too little because I absolutely don’t want to devalue the service. I’m very much in my infancy in voice over work and tentatively charging while I find my feet. I’m not new to freelancing so once I get my teeth into the timings, rates and legalities I’ll feel more confident to set the correct price tags. It’s fabulous to get feedback and I appreciate it.

Lou

Archived