Scammed at Fiverr! Fellow freelancers please help!

legolife_yt

Hello. I just met with an incident that makes me reconsider freelancing on Fiverr. A person named **** https://www.fiverr.com/*************** ordered a project from me on 13 October. I started working on 14. As for the information, he told me just this. Here are my questions followed by his answers:

"Please tell me the storyline of your video

Hi, you can be very creative - please a Story just inside a apartment and in a office - please dont show outside shots from Houses. please no crime - it´s for Familys 😉

Please describe some shot you want to be made just as you say (if any)

Please bring in 10-20 % of the scenes this Logo build from Lego Stones in the game play/ background 😉 Thank you! If me and my team likes your work, we plan more of it with you. Thank you, Christian"

When I asked him to describe more, he told me to make anything inside an apartment and an office. I asked him again, and he said he trusts me and I could make anything. I worked on it for 9 days. He chose 10 day delivery, but asked me to deliver it in 5 days. I worked day and night to do that. When I delivered, he said he didn’t like it and requested a revision. I asked him what he wanted, and he said he doesn’t have time to be my idea maker! What does that even mean? He cannot tell me what he wants and then does not like what I delivered! I animated more and delivered the revised work. He again said he did not LIKE that! I was deeply shaken! He sent me an order cancellation but I told him that I have to get something for the work I did, for 9 full days! He does not reply and even when he did, he didn’t tell me what he wanted! Now I am getting a message that customer support cancelled his order! It is clearly not fair. I did my job and sent him a clip to review BEFORE delivering. He said it looked good! I could not send everything, because then he would already have the clips and could cancel the order! Now too, he has the work, but he cancelled his order! I am grief stricken as this is my fist experience on Fiverr so bad! Please help me. He cannot just do this! I did my job, and did exactly what he wanted! The order was $75. I want that money, my hard earned money, my rightful earnings and an action against the buyer. Please help. I will be grateful and will again be confident while freelancing at Fiverr!

Mod Note: Username removed.

Guest lloydsolutions

You need to remove the name and link of the buyer from your post as naming and shaming buyers and sellers is against forum rules.

Guest antomtjvc

Should have asked more questions.
If he had refused - you should have explained it to him.
If he had refused: You should have cancelled the order.

Gave enough red flags.

In my opinion, it’s your own fault.

Sorry to hear about your experience. I also have some same experience as this.

One day I got an order of $105. The order delivery time mutually was set 3 days. But unfortunately, after 2 days Buyer dispute a cancellation saying “Seller does not deliver the order on time” So annoying and unexpected.
How is this possible, Even order has 20 hours remaining on delivery and I had done almost 90% of work. So I cancel the dispute and send the screenshot to the buyer of order delivery time. It was 20hour 5minute 10second left on delivery.
Then after 20 minutes. The order was cancelled by Customer Support and impact too badly on my account statistic.

Another experience: One of creepy buyer place an order directly without reading the package description clearly. He expected from me to give him a premium service in the basic package. Hahaha
Then I denied doing this order so he disputes an order cancellation. Which of course damaged by profile very badly.

Fiverr always stand on the buyer side and even the mistake by buyers side. Hower order cancelled by mutual cancellation always impacts the seller profile. We(seller) always get hurt by this type of creepy buyer. Fiverr need to change their cancellation policies.

similar things happend with me before bro
But We are unable to do anything on it.

In my case i put 15 hours in a video worth 150usd and in the end buyer cancelled it and i got nothing except regerets 😦
But i moved on, it happens but not everytime.

Once in a six months
I advise do not lose heart and keep working
You’ll soon recieve best orders 🙂

Should have asked more questions.

If he had refused - you should have explained it to him.

If he had refused: You should have cancelled the order.

Gave enough red flags.

That’s what I tend to lean to. I saw buyers account before it was removed and he has 30+ excellent reviews as a buyer so it’s kinda hard to believe that this one was such a nightmare just because of the buyers fault.

That’s what I tend to lean to. I saw buyers account before it was removed and he has 30+ excellent reviews as a buyer so it’s kinda hard to believe that this one was such a nightmare just because of the buyers fault.

I know! But if you try to understand, a seller never gives a bad review to the buyer to get return orders! This nightmare buyer starts by saying that if he liked the work, he has a lot more projects coming the seller’s way. And whenever a condition where the seller has to give a negative review arises, he probably cancels the order, just like what happened with me! I would have given a 1 star review! But he cancelled the order!

Sorry to hear about your experience. I also have some same experience as this.

One day I got an order of $105. The order delivery time mutually was set 3 days. But unfortunately, after 2 days Buyer dispute a cancellation saying “Seller does not deliver the order on time” So annoying and unexpected.

How is this possible, Even order has 20 hours remaining on delivery and I had done almost 90% of work. So I cancel the dispute and send the screenshot to the buyer of order delivery time. It was 20hour 5minute 10second left on delivery.

Then after 20 minutes. The order was cancelled by Customer Support and impact too badly on my account statistic.

Another experience: One of creepy buyer place an order directly without reading the package description clearly. He expected from me to give him a premium service in the basic package. Hahaha

Then I denied doing this order so he disputes an order cancellation. Which of course damaged by profile very badly.

Fiverr always stand on the buyer side and even the mistake by buyers side. Hower order cancelled by mutual cancellation always impacts the seller profile. We(seller) always get hurt by this type of creepy buyer. Fiverr need to change their cancellation policies.

Sellers are the reason Fiverr even exists! When will they understand that! 😦

• 3 weeks later...

Archived