Out of Office - Never again!

skydesigner

On 9/10/2020 at 2:03 AM, skydesigner said:

Hello,

After only 2 days activating Out of Office, my sales on all gigs dropped by 95%, btw im a top-rated seller with more than 16 500 Reviews…

So this is just one big warning to everyone

Does Out of Office affect my Gig ranking?
Depends, the longer the duration you are not active, the higher the chances for your Gigs to lose ranking, as they are not performing like other Gigs."

Anyone had a similar experience?

Really very depressing. I didn't activate and face this type crisis. Good warning for everybody.

• Like 5

On 1/24/2022 at 12:00 AM, bigbeardvo said:

I went out of office for 3 years in a category of roughly 2500 sellers. I contacted one of my old buyers and she immediately placed an order. 2 weeks later, I resumed my previous position in the results. I suppose it just takes time.

now 4 days passed and I am still on eleventh page of search result! I was on first page of search before I activate OOO mode, also I had daily about 15- 30 messages from buyers but now I have only 2 or 3 message , do you think my fiverr back to normal state like before? I am very sad about this , Fiverr is my only revenue

• Like 5

2 hours ago, farshad19rodar said:

now 4 days passed and I am still on eleventh page of search result! I was on first page of search before I activate OOO mode, also I had daily about 15- 30 messages from buyers but now I have only 2 or 3 message , do you think my fiverr back to normal state like before? I am very sad about this , Fiverr is my only revenue

I really can't say. Situations vary. With that said, I've still had to do a lot of my own leg work. I'm responding to buyer requests and marketing myself via social media. It seems that Fiverr wants to give its best performing gigs the best positioning, and you need to do whatever to ensure that the algorithm takes notice. As long as you do great work, respond in a timely manner, and score well on your reviews, you'll rise through the ranks again. 

• Like 6

• 1 year later...

Went on a cruise and activated OOO for 8 days. What I did before my vacation was add my returning clients and new potential clients who all inquired about having work done, to my personal queue. When I returned and went back online, I hit them up and told them I was ready to work. I got 3 orders within a couple days which helped get me back on track.

• Like 3