How can I add a rush fee?

juanitataylor

I’m not sure if I am just missing it or what, but is there a way for me to add a rush fee to an order that has already been started? I feel like I’ve looked everywhere, both on desktop and mobile, but I can’t figure out how to do it.

So backstory for more information: My client wanted to get her illustrations done faster, and since I couldn’t find a rush fee add-on that subtracted days off of the delivery, I was going to just send her a new offer with the new date and just deliver the same project to both orders on the new, earlier date. But it seems that since I already have an order open with her, Fiverr will only let me offer an add-on and not a whole new order. So I was going to offer an add-on for the rush fee, but there are only options to extend the delivery time - not to reduce it.

I suppose I could just make an add-on for the rush charge and agree with my client to ignore the deadline Fiverr would have listed, promising to finish at the rush date… But doing that would mean that on their order page their deadline would actually be extended. I don’t know that they would be okay with that option, and I wouldn’t blame them either. It’s unfair and risky for the Buyer.

This seems like something that should be pretty standard, so if there’s not a way to do this already, can I suggest that Fiverr add it to the site?

(Also, sorry if this is confusing at all. I can try and clarify if need be.)

I don’t think there’s a way to reduce time when an order has started. As long as you add a rush fee and both you and the buyer agree on when it should be delivered, then it shouldn’t be a problem. (They always have the option to cancel if it turns into a problem).

I offer a 12 hour turnaround time for one of my rush orders. Obviously the clock says I have 24 hours to complete it, but I’m just mindful to deliver within the timeframe the buyer wants.

You can’t change the deadline of an existing order to make the delivery due sooner.

All you can do is have a message exchange with your buyer in which you offer them a gig extra (for example, I will deliver within 24 hours for an extra $10), and assure them that because the agreement is in writing you will be true to your word.

Archived