Can Sellers bypass our own "info requirements" to activate needlessly "Incomplete" orders?

ronmasa

More often than I would expect, a client orders a gig to continue a previous project, or pays for a gig using a file that was already uploaded when they were just inquiring beforehand… so there is No more information needed, but the gig gets stuck in the “Incomplete” status (often for days, months in one case!) due to the lack of (Unwanted and Unnecessary) “requirements” being submitted.

Can the Seller bypass or override their own info “requirements” when we know that none are needed?

The client often knows we already have the info for ongoing jobs and therefore they often see no need to re-submit files they know you possess. It would help, since any required info is MY requirement anyway, if I could bypass the requirement when I don’t actually require it and the job is being obstructed by a (false) demand for info that is not needed.

I’ve had a similar issue a few times; a buyer will contact me with a question and it ends up being all of the info I need to continue with the gig. They order the gig but I can’t deliver the gig without that one step being completed from them. I usually just contact the buyer to remind them of the requirement so it can keep the gig moving.

Thanks, anarchofighter and stiper23, I appreciate your feedback.

I would like to suggest to Fiverr Staff that it might be good to have a way for Sellers to over-ride their own info requirements when they are not needed–especially when the Buyer has failed to “provide requirements” that may not be needed but that hold up the job. Some Buyers do not check their messages very frequently!

Just a suggestion to improve Fiver which is a valuable resource to many of us. Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Archived