Client cancelled the order to get the project for free

abidhafeez

Hey!
I had a terrible experience few days back which left me into peril of losing level one achieved over a period of hard work.
The client ordered a two sides business card, the back side he wanted like a job card for his clients. He gave me the specifications and in a very low budget I designed it with different logos on both the sides.
He praised the design at first but God knows what happened to him that he started threatening to cancel the order after I delivered it to him, and finally started the dispute. I tried to prove my point but I was left with just one option to work it out with the buyer or it will be cancelled after two days time.
I deemed it better to cancel it amicably since support is just on the buyer’s side thinking that this way it might not drop my order completion rate.
After cancelling the order, the client again contacted me and asked me to sell him the back side of the card only as what I think he already had got the front side of the card.
All this caused me a harm by dropping my score and leaving me with more toil within the next evalution, and if I couldn’t achieve it I will lose my level one. Alas! there is no way seller can prove his innocence.

Guest netartica

Hi @abidhafeez, it is really a critical condition and fiverr should consider it. in fact there are many different mutual agreements between buyer and customers which peoples wants for making reviews on their gigs. the best method is to work with verified buyers. and keep all your conversation on fiverr through Message board. It really helps on disputes.

Hi @abidhafeez, it is really a critical condition and fiverr should consider it. in fact there are many different mutual agreements between buyer and customers which peoples wants for making reviews on their gigs. the best method is to work with verified buyers. and keep all your conversation on fiverr through Message board. It really helps on disputes.

Thanks for the suggestion sir. Ifect sometimes we get dirct orders from nowhere to which we can nit deny and are forced to work on the project. All the power is with the buyer, like he cancelled the order after getting all the source files by asking another modification and later starting a dispute that I am not understanding him.

Guest netartica

Thanks for the suggestion sir. Ifect sometimes we get dirct orders from nowhere to which we can nit deny and are forced to work on the project. All the power is with the buyer, like he cancelled the order after getting all the source files by asking another modification and later starting a dispute that I am not understanding him.

no it is not true who ever buyer or seller has the same value. Fiverr can not earn without sellers too. buyers and seller both are fiverr’s clients and no one wants to loose their clients as wel. I believe Fiverr do the best role of middle man.

no it is not true who ever buyer or seller has the same value. Fiverr can not earn without sellers too. buyers and seller both are fiverr’s clients and no one wants to loose their clients as wel. I believe Fiverr do the best role of middle man.

True but there should be some way to keep the track of who is on the fault.

Hey!

I had a terrible experience few days back which left me into peril of losing level one achieved over a period of hard work.

The client ordered a two sides business card, the back side he wanted like a job card for his clients. He gave me the specifications and in a very low budget I designed it with different logos on both the sides.

He praised the design at first but God knows what happened to him that he started threatening to cancel the order after I delivered it to him, and finally started the dispute. I tried to prove my point but I was left with just one option to work it out with the buyer or it will be cancelled after two days time.

I deemed it better to cancel it amicably since support is just on the buyer’s side thinking that this way it might not drop my order completion rate.

After cancelling the order, the client again contacted me and asked me to sell him the back side of the card only as what I think he already had got the front side of the card.

All this caused me a harm by dropping my score and leaving me with more toil within the next evalution, and if I couldn’t achieve it I will lose my level one. Alas! there is no way seller can prove his innocence.

You could have refused to cancel it.

Hey!

Was he supposed to get both sides of the card with his order? And did he? If he did not get both sides, he was right to cancel it. You should have given him both sides with the delivery as that is what you promised to do.

the back side he wanted like a job card for his clients.

in a very low budget I designed it with different logos on both the sides.

I see what happened here. You had no choice but to cancel it since he wanted something which you did not provide, justifying that his budget/payment was too low.

You handled this badly.

You could have refused to cancel it.

Yes I did it two time and third time I had a message from support to work it out with the buyer or it will automatically get cancelled.

Ok. I thought if the buyer doesn’t agree then support will can it.

In a situation like this it is good to contact support, tell them they are asking for a cancellation and send support proof you sent the order just as described, and tell them you definitely do not want to cancel.

In a situation like this it is good to contact support, tell them they are asking for a cancellation and send support proof you sent the order just as described, and tell them you definitely do not want to cancel.

Alright. Thanks for the valuable info.

Archived