Copycat and -probably- phishing gigs

renflowergrapx

Guest smiler3d

Got your point.

We cannot ever be 100% sure of WHO made what.

But, if I see a raw of gigs, all with HYPER recognizable famouse images, with a copycat descripton…well.

Let’s say i also have seen some descriptions starting with my own name:

“Hi this is ren” bla bla, and under a sort of list of the faqs…

The same faqs of a another gig–

With the difference that in the original GIG the FAQs decribed were also listed as faq (with their answers and all) while on the second gig, the SUSPICOUS one, there was no FAQ.

Just saying.

I can’t be 100% sure of who copied what, but it is common sense if that 90% of guilt is on a single side… let me have my own opinion on it.

I didn’t make names, i’m fighting a war where I feel i want fiverr a better place for sellers and buyers.

Where copyright is fair, and we all go further with our strenght and maybe some luck if needed, yes.

We all got inspired from the description of someone else, it happened to all of us i guess, but not copied the whole thing, using the images from another one, and the exact title from another another another one-

Does it makes sense?

I’m not worried about the copycat thing, i say it again.

I worry about the fact the the credibility of some sellers and of course, the WHOLE community, get hurt in business cause of overflooded categories with empty gig from suspicious profiles.

I can’t explain it better. I’m not a native speaker and i’m trying to get the point back =)

I worry about the fact the the credibility of some sellers and of course, the WHOLE community, get hurt in business cause of overflooded categories with empty gig from suspicious profiles.

While I admire your cause, I do hope that all sellers won’t take ‘Fiverr law’ into their own hands and start reporting everybody elses’ gigs just because they can.

Genuinely, this has me concerned that if someone decided to take a dislike to the fact they have to compete with me, they would have such an easy road to get my gig removed or force me to pick a different title…

Indeed.

There is a fine line between protecting what can be seen as your own assets, and being some sort of Fiverr vigilante.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I admire your cause, I do hope that all sellers won’t take ‘Fiverr law’ into their own hands and start reporting everybody elses’ gigs just because they can.

Genuinely, this has me concerned that if someone decided to take a dislike to the fact they have to compete with me, they would have such an easy road to get my gig removed or force me to pick a different title…

Indeed.

There is a fine line between protecting what can be seen as your own assets, and being some sort of Fiverr vigilante.

Can you please explain what you mean? 😄

I’m confused, are you with or against reporting gigs that copy your own gig?

@sturoyce

Please look at the below image, how pathetic. This person, copied my gig description to their profile… Now tell me, they do not deserve a report? oh and the title of the gig, description and everything as well is a direct copy.

This person, copied my gig description to their profile

😂 I am thinking What kind of people can add others gig description to their profile description … :thinking:

Really Shocked … Gig description >>>Profile Description … 😂

This person, copied my gig description to their profile

😂 I am thinking What kind of people can add others gig description to their profile description … :thinking:

Really Shocked … Gig description >>>Profile Description … 😂

What kind of people can add others gig description to their profile description

Pathetic ones. 🙂

Guest smiler3d

Can you please explain what you mean? 😄

I’m confused, are you with or against reporting gigs that copy your own gig?

are with or against reporting gigs that copy your own gig?

Completely with - if it’s your own gig, you know when it was created, you created it etc. 🙂

You should contact CS and tell them to take any action on these type of fiverr … 😎

You should contact CS

I reported 13 gigs/profiles today alone =)

if it’s your own gig, you know when it was created,

Of course, but you can also report one that is copying one another seller’s gig, you might know who copied whom, even if you are mistaken, do not worry, Fiverr can track back to find out if your report is valid or not, just saying 😉

You should contact CS

Of course, but you can also report one that is copying one another seller’s gig, you might know who copied whom, even if you are mistaken, do not worry, Fiverr can track back to find out if your report is valid or not, just saying 😉

Just not report …I think it is time to contact with CS and give them the gig/profile links and tell them to take action …

Just not report …I think it is time to contact with CS and give them the gig/profile links and tell them to take action …

Just not report …

Nope, that is not needed. Because CS would tell you that they will forward your request to the editorial team (so as reporting directly goes to that team)

Source: been there, done that =)

Guest smiler3d

You should contact CS

you might know who copied whom, even if you are mistaken, do not worry, Fiverr can track back to find out if your report is valid or not, just saying 😉

And you might not.

Everybody reading this thread will now feel empowered to go out and report everybody elses’ gigs just because they read on here that they can - including yours and mine if they feel like it. All that’s going to do is give CS even more work than they have already.

you might know who copied whom, even if you are mistaken, do not worry, Fiverr can track back to find out if your report is valid or not, just saying 😉

And you might not.

Everybody reading this thread will now feel empowered to go out and report everybody elses’ gigs just because they read on here that they can - including yours and mine if they feel like it. All that’s going to do is give CS even more work than they have already.

Everybody reading this thread will now feel empowered

Well, I think we again, shall agree to disagree 😁

The report button is there, and once you click it, it asks for the original gig’s link, why would anyone reading this thread feel empowered when the flag button is already on every single gig?

Anyways, I just report gigs that copied mine and I think almost everyone does that, not just random reporting.

You should contact CS

you can also report one that is copying one another seller’s gig, you might know who copied whom

You are right . This is our responsibility to stop that kind of spam .Today I saw 3 gigs with same gig images . Two are new seller and one is level 2 seller. I know that the image is level two seller’s . Because I have seen that before many times…For that we can prevent it if we see that some one has copied our known person’s gig then by reporting the spammer … 😀

Guest smiler3d

you can also report one that is copying one another seller’s gig, you might know who copied whom

You are right . This is our responsibility to stop that kind of spam .Today I saw 3 gigs with same gig images . Two are new seller and one is level 2 seller. I know that the image is level two seller’s . Because I have seen that before many times…For that we can prevent it if we see that some one has copied our known person’s gig then by reporting the spammer … 😀

For that we can prevent it if we see that some one has copied our known person’s gig then by reporting the spammer …

Did somebody make you the Fiverr police? :policeman:

It’s not your job to report other sellers’ gigs - they’re nothing to do with you. Let the seller whose gigs have been copied do the reporting if they want to.

For that we can prevent it if we see that some one has copied our known person’s gig then by reporting the spammer …

It’s not your job to report other sellers’ gigs - they’re nothing to do with you. Let the seller whose gigs have been copied do the reporting if they want to.

Did somebody make you the Fiverr police?

Why should somebody appoint him as Fiverr police?

Even on this forum, anyone can report/flag any post thread. Does that make them Forum police?

The flag button is for anybody to use properly.

PS: I am not trying to argue, I am just clearing things up. Flag and report buttons are already everywhere.

I think I saw some where that people are giving advice and trying to solve problem ? :thinking:

Yes yes … I saw that in forum … We are not CS . Then why we are helping each other … Because we are community … And that is also one kind of help … Actually helping is cycle system . If you help me I will help some one and someone will help you … And I am not telling to check every gigs . If you see any known gig/description has been copied ,then…

Thanks

😀

Update:Combined both comments.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I see, that screenshot is your profile description, and it is the text from your gig

Correction, it is the copier’s profile which is taken from my Gig’s description.

My profile description is totally different.

maybe yours is particularly long (and I understand that this was a catalyast for your own probe into the gigs) but if they are offering the same service, who cares if the name is the same

My title is unique and a copied title is very clear to anyone (I’m just speaking about my own title btw)

Usually these people do not end up copying just the title, I think that is common sense 🙂

I haven’t checked but I’d guess my title isn’t unique, but then it is a very broad term offering

I agree with you, some titles (like yours) aren’t unique and only a person with a very low IQ would report that. And Fiverr editorial team would check manually each report. So a generic title, cannot get removed or edited.

Again, I cannot remember if all of the reported ones (before today) has their description also copied from mine or not. (but for today’s cleansing routine, all of them had not just title, but the description or part of it copied from mine)

Indeed.

Oh no no. I’m not inviting people to report randomly gig, but i’m asking to share your experience on the topic.

please, I’m no paladin.

I just talk about gigs with RECOGNIZABLE copyrighted images in first.

Not to who just rewrote something similar to your description.

I’m sorry if it passed a different message in here.

Indeed.

Again, No mean to create an avenger squad, but just sharing my opinion, my frustration and trying to talk with people to understand if I am that alone, as I feel.

I don’t think a huge data etry of suspicious gigs is the answer.

It might become really hard to handle.

Just i’m wondering why there is not at the base a kind of crossed control when a gig is first created.

That’s more what i try to understand.

How it has been said here, how can we pretend to know for sure where a new gig is legit or not?

And you might not.

not what I wanted. Don’t mean to create a sort of TASK FORCE, the fiverr avengers, lol.

Just I try to understand if I am the only one who noticed something weird

However, i’d appreciate if a friend politely point me about a copycat from my own work, and I might handle it my own.

• Just saying:

I’ve seen some time ago two very similar gigs, BEFORE to report them, I simply contacted one of the gig which was from an artist i knew already since some years, and he simply told me he knew about that other images as was from a person which had the permission.

What Am i saying now?

I want to make clear that I’m not inviting people to report anything is moving, lol.

I totally rely on common sense and respect.

I don’t think a huge data etry of suspicious gigs is the answer.

It might become really hard to handle.

Just i’m wondering why there is not at the base a kind of crossed control when a gig is first created.

That’s more what i try to understand.

How it has been said here, how can we pretend to know for sure where a new gig is legit or not?

I have already mentioned that for known gig/person. If I knew some one and his gigs then if I saw that a new seller has used his gig image then I will report … I told that …😀

• Just saying:

I’ve seen some time ago two very similar gigs, BEFORE to report them, I simply contacted one of the gig which was from an artist i knew already since some years, and he simply told me he knew about that other images as was from a person which had the permission.

What Am i saying now?

I want to make clear that I’m not inviting people to report anything is moving, lol.

I totally rely on common sense and respect.

he simply told me he knew about that other images as was from a person which had the permission.

In this situation you have to understand that the person is using multiple account … Otherwise no one will give permission to use his/her works… And this is also against fiverr TOS.

he simply told me he knew about that other images as was from a person which had the permission.

In this situation you have to understand that the person is using multiple account … Otherwise no one will give permission to use his/her works… And this is also against fiverr TOS.

No they are two different persona, and the work was used for a limitated time by permission.

I could check what I’m saying.

They repaired this issue in time fortunately =)

No they are two different persona, and the work was used for a limitated time by permission.

I could check what I’m saying.

We should not use other person’s works … This is true …Using by taking permission is also wrong and the who will give person he is also guilty … However . If you think someone can use your gig image or description then its okay . 😀

Archived