My Gig got "copy pasted" (plagiarism) (ARCHIVED]

artportraits

It was brought to my attention that my gig was plagiarized. So I checked and I was shocked. COPY PASTE! here you be the judge.

My gig: http://fragglesrock

Plagiarist Gig: http://fragglesrock

They say that copying is the highest form of flattery. I’m good with friendly competition but copying the exact texts, and manner I presented my gig is I think going way beyond compliment. Does Fiverr tolerate plagiarism and thievery now?

How can a person sleep at night after he steals other people’s livelihood?

Sheriff’s Note: Calling out other users is not allowed. Please contact the Customer Support Team to report any gigs.

Okay I did not mean 100% but for text say 85%

Check the slides in my gig, compare it to his gig descriptions. Those are my exact words. So I dare say even the pricing slide layout is “borrowed” from mine. Surely he did not happen to type the words in exact sequence in his gig description and have the layout of the pricing/extras also look like mine.

The texts in my 3rd slide used to be same text I had as my gig description.

Anyway the link in question is already off so what are we talking about here? I leave this to CS. Only they can resolve it.

I just want to add that I’m not the type of person who’s easy to accuse anybody.

Thank you all.

@artportraits

We get it.

However, I don’t see anyone here accusing you of accusing anyone else. You did that on your own.

You specifically cited “plagarism” and asked “How can a person sleep at night after he steals other people’s livelihood?”. It sounds accusatory. And you called out the seller which is not allowed.

"…so what are we talking about here?" you ask. It’s a forum, where people post stuff and others reply. So we’re talking about your post. You might be angry, upset or whatever at the other seller, but please don’t be quick with folks who are trying to understand your situation.

After all, it could just as easily happen to someone else.

Good luck! 🙂

I’m sorry I did not mean to be rude, I’m just upset.

Please allow me to clarify my statements.

1. I’m not the type of person who’s easy to accuse anybody. – What I am saying is I did not just go out and accused the other seller without basis. If you were in my shoes, It’s really like hearing my own voice when I read the copied text in his gig descriptions. And when I saw the slideshow it’s just too familiar.

2. so what are we talking about here? – I’m just upset that the link in question was removed and only mine was left. My intent was for the community to compare and judge for themselves. I am upset that my hard work can be just lifted by somebody like that. But I am fully aware that I can not be the accuser and judge at the same time.

I sure learned a thing or two from this experience. I have decided to paddle on. I have nothing more to add. Thank you all for taking the time. I appreciate all the comments.

I have already reported this to CS I leave it to them. I apologize if I broke rule on not calling out a seller.

Thank you all for understanding me.

This same thing happened to me. I even had clients thinking the “bad gig” was ME using another handle. I contacted customer support. I never heard back, but the bad gig has vanished from Fiverr. I assume that Fiverr cannot tell me exactly what happened, due to confidentiality reasons. But they took care of it. :bz

• 1 year later...

Reply to @madmoo: I know this is an old post, but I have a question about who to report to when you notice someone plagiarizing another sellers work.

I am new and haven’t even got my gigs set up yet… but searching through some sellers, I found a new member who has lifted a top ranking seller’s gig image to use as their own.

I’m wondering if it’s OK to notify the seller about this new member, or if I should just report it to CS.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer me.

Have an awesome day 🙂

Archived