What happens if a seller sets "Limit orders in queue" to 0?

egonrlessa

Question

Imagine if a seller limits their orders to 10, but then they create a very demanding custom order and now they want some time to finish the gig.

Instead of pausing the gig, can they limit the orders to 0? They would still appear on search right?

I was just wondering.

4 answers to this question

If orders are limited to zero, the gig is automatically marked as “overbooked” and it won’t show up in search. I still like using limit queue over pausing in some cases since the reviews are still reviewable. If I have one gig that has a few recent reviews that are super nice but I don’t want to take orders on that gig, I often limit it to 0. They always get tagged immediately as overbooked. Hope that helps! 🙂

If orders are limited to zero, the gig is automatically marked as “overbooked” and it won’t show up in search. I still like using limit queue over pausing in some cases since the reviews are still reviewable. If I have one gig that has a few recent reviews that are super nice but I don’t want to take orders on that gig, I often limit it to 0. They always get tagged immediately as overbooked. Hope that helps! 🙂

In this case I’d suggest editing the gig’s delivery times. YOu can still get new orders, but instead of the say 3 days, you set it to six, and communicate this to a perspective buyer.

Or just put in extra hours.

If the situation is permanent, you are always overbooked, that is a great problem to have! In this case I think it’s best to raise prices - you’ll earn more with the same time commitment.

Archived