Why I stopped offering Unlimited Revisions!

elmalak

Its not always true but most of the times, I don’t receive 5 star from buyers that request for revisions.

Am interested in the concluding part of your buyer that doesn’t leave review

hahaha, sorry, I thought everyone would understand 😉

It’s just a way we use here in Venezuela to say we don’t know why, something similar to saying “go guess” or “go figure”.

Guest hanshuber16

hahaha, sorry, I thought everyone would understand 😉

It’s just a way we use here in Venezuela to say we don’t know why, something similar to saying “go guess” or “go figure”.

saying “go guess” or “go figure”.

Tell me about it… 😜

At the same time, however, buyers want to get their money’s worth and “unlimited revisions” gives them that reassurance, and almost illusion, that they can get exactly what they want.

On the other hand, one and zero revision could present you as a confident person who really knows what he/she does. Assuming you’re one of those people. When I started my Fiverr venture, I immediately saw the “plot holes” in the conception of unlimited revisions.

Both are good strategies levente_gl . In the end, you have to find which one works best for your service.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest videoarticle

I have noticed that any seller who request revisions even just once dont usually leave positive reviews.

They believed you are not 100% perfect in what you are doing.

Not always,

I had some buyers who requested for revisions and where impressed with the way it was delivered.

Therefore. Giving a fantastic review.

I understand where you come from, buyers can be relentless, especially when they think they won’t get what they’re paying for, exactly how they want it.

I’m a designer too. I offer 1 revision and it’s always been so. Nonetheless, if I’m asked to do more revisions after the 1st one, I’ll still do it.

However, there is a difference between a revision and a re-do. I always tell buyers I offer a full re-do if they don’t happen to like the 1st version, and when it comes to additional changes or tweaks, I just do them, no point in arguing with buyers, I just do them.

There are times where these revisions will actually take longer than just a moment, in these cases I try to level with them and say “I’ve no problem redoing or fixing this or that, but I’ll need to ask you for the extra time required to do so”, so I ask for deadline extension.

I know it’s more work and no compensation, but you’ll be surprised how thankful buyers will be for receiving just what they wanted without whining from the seller (me), I just keep an attitude of service.

Very few times have I asked for more money for a re-do, but that’s only when it’s pretty obvious they’re asking for something completely different down the line, or if they never mentioned the new aspects of the revision before (did I make sense?)

So this one guy, don’t let it get at you. If your heart is on the right place next time will be better

What’s for the new seller? I think they should give unlimited revisions to gather some buyer(don’t know is it even works) sometimes.

@mehedimunna the revisions are according to your abilities. They are not by vendor levels. You are the one that you choose how many times you want the buyer to be entitled to a readjustment of the work.

Guest smiler3d

What’s for the new seller? I think they should give unlimited revisions to gather some buyer(don’t know is it even works) sometimes.

they should give unlimited revisions

Only if they want buyers to be asking for revisions for a lifetime.

Unlimited revisions are a bad idea, regardless of the seller level. As a buyer, it sends a message to me that the seller isn’t confident in their own abilities.

I think they should give unlimited revisions to gather some buyer(don’t know is it even works) sometimes.

It’s just not practical. We don’t have unlimited time, we’re not making unlimited money, we’re not getting paid extra for every revision, we have no refund insurance to protect us if things go bad. That is why we have to limit the number of revisions.

Imagine you’re an architect and your client keeps rejecting your house plans. How many times will you revise them? Eventually it will be more profitable to fire that client, to tell him to find another architect.

As I designer I find it more comforting for clients when I offer a package of my gig with unlimited revisions, and although the price for this package is considerably higher, I got a client who ordered it and I was really happy with that.

Doing my best, creating a draft, tweaking it, then creating a second design and getting a reply, Phenomenal! and then he keeps asking for tweaks which I do happily and submit.

Then I get a Revision request and I take care of it and submit again but then I get a Second request ans so until today, the 5th Revision request which I did and submitted again to finally get a Marked as Complete.

An to my absolute surprise, I get a 2.5 star-review!

After all the time spent( around 6 days), 5 revisions, he simply says" It also said unlimited revisions, but that was not the case."

Well, I am really disappointed by this kind of behavior and will never offer Unlimited revisions again to anyone.

If you are certain of your level of professionalism, why would you offer unlimited revision? When I go through Fiverr and see a lot of gigs offering that, I say these are sellers giving buyers the opportunity to get free work.

I have to admit, I don’t really understand the concept of “unlimited revisions”, its not what happen in real life, so on marketplace like Fivver, i think it open you up to be taken advantage of - you could be there revising and revising for an endless amount of time. I’m also a buyer, and if they can’t get it right the second time, I assume that they won’t ever get it right, so I only offer 2 - but seriously considering bringing it down to 1.

Archived