Gig Gift Certificates

I want to share fiver with my office coworkers by purchasing them Gigs. I don’t see a way to prepay for a $5 gig and then send as a gift certificate. A missed marketing opportunity? I will keep looking because I know my associates would love a Gift Gig and at $5 each I can buy many. It also allows the recipient to decide on upgrades once a Gig is selected.

You could buy a generic pre-paid credit card to present to your co-workers, along with a printout or card telling them how to use it on Fiverr. But they could still decide to spend it elsewhere. And they would need a PayPal account. And you couldn’t “track” their activity. So you can achieve the end result - sort of - but maybe not using the methodology you mentioned.

Option? Host a lunch where everyone browses fiverr and chooses and buys a gig on your account and you pay for them all. Then you are in the loop.

Reply to @kjblynx: As a near 20 year web programmer and ecom guy in the digital space, I completely understand what could be done to offer this service. And the obstacles are quite small and the programming needed is easy. Even with paypal in the mix, it’s still trivial compared to what they are making. I would not be surprised if this functionality is already in the works, which is why I decided to mention it. This business model is perfect for gift certificates. Imagine the slogan “What can you get people to do for $5, we dare you to find out!” But your assessment is accurate on many aspects.

Archived