Customer wants 273 orders!?

nuranooni

I man contacted me today for my gig http://fiverr.com/nuranooni/turn-a-picture-of-anyone-into-a-hand-drawn-sketch--2

He needs 273 sketches done. I told him I am more than willing to do it but I’m wondering how he can order so many? I’m only a level one and he can only order four at a time. Plus It will take me a couple weeks to do it, and my gig time limit I have set is 4 days. Should I change that delivery time limit for him just this once? Or does he have to come back every couple days and place new orders? I can change the time limit so he can order a bunch at once and I can deliver them all on time, but it will look bad to other customers if my gig says 29 days to do one sketch.

Advice?

Guest matt_garry

for something like this you can always make a brand new gig for larger projects with max extras. or you could just get him to order 10 or 20 at a time then deliver so it doesn’t seem overwhelming.

I would also be very very very careful make sure he is a fair and nice person in general you don’t want to get 273 thumbs down if this guy gets nasty.

I get nervous over several hundred dollar orders so good luck with this.

nuranooni said: but it will look bad to other customers if my gig says 29 days to do one sketch.

Then again, you won't have TIME for other customers until this one-time opportunity is done. You can even edit your description to add the line, "Sorry, due to an unusually heavy work load I can't take on more work for the next month. But please save this listing and try me again in September. Thanks . . ." or something like that. Then you could remove that warning at any time if circumstances change.

Maybe this big buyer represents a school group or other group wanting similar art about each member. It might be good to split the orders over time. Then you will start to get paid about halfway through the job, in the sad case that this is a con job.

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

i have like 2 or 3 writing orders right now who order multiples right now and i deliver as much as i can in my ETA and then i finish the rest a few days after. just focus on this customer and tell them to order in 4’s a few at a time. so like maybe 12-20 ore more on the first set of orders and then keep going…soon when you’re comfortable keep adding more. This seller looks sounds legit. I have had a seller order over $200 in gigs for proofreading short stories so far and I have one seller who I am writing a small vampire novel and will be writing a zombie holocaust novel for. Just have fun with regular customer they don’t come often but they pay well.

Just do it with another Gig for bigger project and longer delivery time. But my advice is being careful. The customer maybe serious and nice, but a lot of time as I noticed: The customers who’re very demanding as well as not willing to pay any - are the ones promising to order bulk orders. And the customers who’re professional with clear brief and willing to pay bulk money - are the ones being very silent.

Guest marsch001

I’d ask him about pacing it out and doing them in smaller batches, not only to give you “more time” (or at least less overwhelmed, I’m hoping) but also to make sure that the payments are good, good reviews etc and that he’s happy with the sketches that you do - you don’t want to provide 200+ sketches and then he’ll want edits to them all!

The suggestion of you creating another, special gig for him is a good idea.

And, another thing that’s good for if he paces his orders out; the more orders, the more rates etc, the quicker you will get to level 2 which will help make the last orders easier to handle, because he’d be able to order a larger amount at the same time.

Also, wow good luck and good for you! I hope it works out (and actually, I’m quite curious now, so I hope you will update about it).

Archived