What does the word "Gig" means?

minahmmas

Hello there,

Hope, you all are doing well. I am here today to know a query and that is what does the word “Gig” means? I have searched the meaning of this word but I haven’t got a clear concept about it. Can anyone here please tell me about the meaning of this word, it’s origin or why Fiverr has selected this one to describe the services?

Kind Regards
Minthal Ahmed Masum

I found the same @fitrigwrites4u but I was thinking the word “Gig” has a unique meaning rather “Each service offered.” If someone has known the exact meaning, hoping to get their comment here.

Thanks for your reply.

The term means “a job”, and is usually used in the entertainment industry (most commonly used in music & movie industry to refer to live performances), and the original meaning comes from “engagement”.

The term means “a job”, and is usually used in the entertainment industry (most commonly used in music & movie industry to refer to live performances), and the original meaning comes from “engagement”.

Thanks, @woofy31 for your reply with an explanation. ☺️

Guest offlinehelpers

Thanks, @woofy31 for your reply with an explanation. ☺️

Don’t know about everywhere else, but here, if we’re going to a concert (not the classical kind!), it’s known as a gig as well. 🙂

Archived