I make $1000 a month for doing at most three orders

I have been in Fiverr for about four years now. I started off as low as everyone else but, things improved with time. I learnt the tricks and skills needed to make much out of the services I was offering.
What I have come to discover as a seller with at least 100 reviews is, do not offer very low price even if you think you are in need of the cash. It is important to get good payment because that allows for various things. These comprise, enough motivation to deliver quality work, enough resources to out source some of the few things you might not be able to do for particular reasons and it builds the confidence in your client to expect quality work.
I work in Fiverr as part time seller and I think I have grown to like this site because it gives good rewards if used right.

Nice story!! But most buyers don’t want to PAY MORE now. I have lost many clients… Work which I offered them for i.e. $50 other sellers offer it for $5 to $10. I don’t know why sellers do like that. Even if the project is TOO COMPLEX, some sellers would offer it for $5 to $10. Which is kinda disappointing.

Congrats!

I’ve found that most buyers are willing to pay a little bit more than normal for high quality work which is why I’ve been pushing up my prices lately. Not all buyers are willing to spend an extra $5 though so there’s plenty I never hear from again. It’s not a problem though, I’m still earning a good amount each month.

It is true what you all say that, most clients would only want the lowest bidder. However, as a doer I believe I have to be selective because I have come to learn through experience that more often than not, my lowest ratings have come from the buyers who bargain for very low prices.
So I have made a brave choice to rather have few jobs but, get paid well.

I have been in Fiverr for about four years now. I started off as low as everyone else but, things improved with time. I learnt the tricks and skills needed to make much out of the services I was offering.

What I have come to discover as a seller with at least 100 reviews is, do not offer very low price even if you think you are in need of the cash. It is important to get good payment because that allows for various things. These comprise, enough motivation to deliver quality work, enough resources to out source some of the few things you might not be able to do for particular reasons and it builds the confidence in your client to expect quality work.

I work in Fiverr as part time seller and I think I have grown to like this site because it gives good rewards if used right.

“I make $1000 a month for doing at most three orders”

Congratulations!

But, that depends on what kind of work you offer. You can work in 3 orders that take you 3 weeks altogether to finish, and then I can tell you that I do more $$ within the same period of time.

I do posters/flyers. I’ve made posters for $300 that took me 20 minutes work, and sometimes I work 1 hour for $20…

Outsourcing is good, but not everytime you get the same results as when doing it yourself. There are also (like others mentioned before) a lack of good clients. I keep mine very close!! And rarely a new one is willing to pay $100 for a work, when they can get it somewhere else for $5 (independently of the quality)

Most new Fiverr sellers, unless they offer something unique and very specific that you cannot find easily somewhere else, have to deal with savage competition at the beginning, and even after to keep going on

Anyway! you’re in the right way, I also agree with

this site because it gives good rewards if used right.

Best wishes and go on like that!!!

Congratulations. I am slowly working towards that point of being able to list Fiverr as a serious source of income. For a lot of customers, the price is a mix of what they believe a job is worth and what they can afford to pay.

Some sellers leverage that by lowballing just so they get the work, and some buyers can leverage that by turning a “this should be easy” job into a “you’re in a rock and a hard place and I know it” job. In the last few weeks, i’ve been seeing the horror stories of supposedly easy gigs, lowball quotes and more heartache than it should be. It’s not a “far” system but it’s business - and this is what happens everywhere in business unless you either have an untapped market or a stranglehold on it.

I think the shift moves in a general trend, first to the cheapest, then people want to have higher quality for the same price, ultimately costs go up and price goes up and the cycle repeats itself, the best customers i believe (and this is from experience outside of Fiverr) are the ones who know what they’re talking about but also have a vested interest in the final result.

Nice story!! But most buyers don’t want to PAY MORE now. I have lost many clients… Work which I offered them for i.e. $50 other sellers offer it for $5 to $10. I don’t know why sellers do like that. Even if the project is TOO COMPLEX, some sellers would offer it for $5 to $10. Which is kinda disappointing.

Although, I can’t speak for every buyer, I suspect many are like me.

I make a point to only pay no more than $10 when hiring someone I’ve never worked with, regardless of their level. That way I can get a feel for their style and see if we’re compatible.

I do this because I’ve hired TRS, with excellent portfolio, but what they delivered to me on a $35 or higher was not at all what I expected. It was very bland, generic and frankly I could have done it myself in 5 minutes instead of waiting 3 days.

Once I know the sellers has the skills that I want and like, most importantly, I can trust, I have no problem dropping $100 or more on a single large order. I have done this several times. (I know there are sellers who will NOT take large orders from 1st time clients.)

Keep in mind that a new client that only wants to pay $5 or $10 isn’t necessarily a cheapskate or a scammer trying to get free work. They may just be feeling you out.

What you need to look out for are those that want to pay you big money (chargeback?) even though they’ve never worked with or know the quality of your work. I’ve seen too many sellers get scammed, who all claimed the buyer was happy and left them 5 star review.

Also, stay away from buyer’s who promise you more work and those that try to negotiate that $5 or $10 order. Trying a lower priced gig is one thing, but negotiating a $10 gig screams SCAMMER AND CHEAPSKATE!

haha, funny, it all depends on the niche you work in.
as a translator I read those posts and I just want to cry))
It’s not for everyone the same easy, don’t make false adverts. For me the prices are pretty standard, and yes, I already managed everything and pushed up prices enough, so I get decent pay for my work, but there are so many “competitors” who have no clue what they are doing, but they do it cheaper, so I can’t even compete.
But I agree with you that the ones that bargain the price the most are the once to leave the worst reviews)

So sellers, what help you to gauge how much you will charge a client? And for buyers, what helps you to decide whether to go for higher priced or lower priced seller?

what help you to gauge how much you will charge a client?

How much time I will spend working in the project.

The $300 poster in 20 minutes was one of my fastest, I did it for a band “The Lumineers”, they were very happy with it. I bet it was a moment of illumination and I’ve got the idea pretty quickly.😉

So sellers, what help you to gauge how much you will charge a client? And for buyers, what helps you to decide whether to go for higher priced or lower priced seller?

I look at the several things,

1. Live portfolio
  2. Gig page, many sellers tell me unnecessary information. I want to know what I’m getting for my money.
  3. Gig page, is it written well? If it’s a writing or translation, it has to be PERFECT, otherwise, it has to be understandable. The seller took pride in creating a gig page.

I used to look at reviews, but stop doing that. I come to realize reviews aren’t necessarily a good indicator, unless I know the person writing the review. I tend to hire similiar sellers as few of the regular posters on this forum (purely by councidence).

Yes same thing happening for me too. I am also not understanding how they offer less for complex work

Being a seller, when a buyer contacts me with a big order or something I haven’t previously done. I usually do a small part of it as a test project so that the buyer gets to know what he is going to get for his money and at the same time I can know if the price quoted by me is good for me or not. I usually charge all my orders on an hourly basis with an average rate of 15$ per hour. If it takes more time, price is negotiated. Most of the times, we have a new deal and very rarely we don’t but in the end we both are happy.

Waiting for that day but now, with only 31 positive reviews, as soon as I add 5$ to each package, buyers disappear. I think it depends a lot on the fact that many doers offer same gig, but of course, not same style/quality, on very low, even 5$. In 4 months I’ve learned that some clients prefer getting low quality work for 5$ instead of spending 15$ for a nice and thought logo. When do I have to charge higher prices, after 50 pos reviews? 80? 100? or what? Can you tell me from your experience? (thanks)

Waiting for that day but now, with only 31 positive reviews, as soon as I add 5$ to each package, buyers disappear. I think it depends a lot on the fact that many doers offer same gig, but of course, not same style/quality, on very low, even 5$. In 4 months I’ve learned that some clients prefer getting low quality work for 5$ instead of spending 15$ for a nice and thought logo. When do I have to charge higher prices, after 50 pos reviews? 80? 100? or what? Can you tell me from your experience? (thanks)

When do I have to charge higher prices, after 50 pos reviews? 80? 100? or what?

There isn’t a rule of thumb here. It depends on your market, service that you’re offering and the way you promote it. I had a look at your gig and you seem to be on the right track

• niche service with a great quality
  • good description and only 5 star reviews
  • competitive pricing and nicely structured packages

Considering that you’ve received 31 reviews since Jan, I think you’re doing pretty OK. You can create more gigs with a slightly different service and price range to try it out. I started moving my price needle after 10 reviews and I still get enough clients to keep me busy 🙂

If the competition is too high for you here on Fiverr, then you might even try setting up your own website with a proper portfolio, background info etc. An average Fiverr buyer might not appreciate your service as much as someone who specifically looks you up through Google or social media.

When do I have to charge higher prices, after 50 pos reviews? 80? 100? or what?

There isn’t a rule of thumb here. It depends on your market, service that you’re offering and the way you promote it. I had a look at your gig and you seem to be on the right track

• niche service with a great quality
  • good description and only 5 star reviews
  • competitive pricing and nicely structured packages

Considering that you’ve received 31 reviews since Jan, I think you’re doing pretty OK. You can create more gigs with a slightly different service and price range to try it out. I started moving my price needle after 10 reviews and I still get enough clients to keep me busy 🙂

If the competition is too high for you here on Fiverr, then you might even try setting up your own website with a proper portfolio, background info etc. An average Fiverr buyer might not appreciate your service as much as someone who specifically looks you up through Google or social media.

@uxreview is absolutely right!

You should create some more similar gigs which will help you appear more on fiverr search. You can use the new gig to attract more buyers and improve reviews on your best seller through custom offers.

Thank you guys for the tips, I surely have a couple of ideas on some gigs but I don’t know if I want to split my audience in many gigs. My idea is to concentrate on one and make it grow solid. Does it makes sense? and most of all, does it makes sense on Fiverr?

Thank you guys for the tips, I surely have a couple of ideas on some gigs but I don’t know if I want to split my audience in many gigs. My idea is to concentrate on one and make it grow solid. Does it makes sense? and most of all, does it makes sense on Fiverr?

I understand what your’re trying to say but take a look at my profile and you’ll understand. You won’t be splitting the audience you’ll be diverting the audience from one gig to another to increase reviews faster.

Congrats to the doers!

It’s a different world from where we all come from remember!
I started in November and got my first buyer in March, I also discovered that with my location, I will need to build up, a strong portfolio in order to compete in an international platform like fiverr.

So! Even with high quality jobs I still charge $5, because that’s the only way to lure my first buyers. For a seller like me, charging buyers high for now will only lead to dwarfism on fiverr.

And it is true buyers who pay less trouble you more, but it’s just for a matter of time because I really need their jobs to build my portfolio, and their reviews matters a lot.
I stoop to conquer.

Archived