Unlimited revisions and a bad buyer..!

Guest makemyintro

Guest makemyintro

Hello fellow sellers

I offer unlimited revisions on my animation video Gig. But I think buyers take advantage of it.

Is there any protection from fiverr from this kind of buyers. Who never understands or pretend not to understand the scope of revisions.

As fear of bad ratings and involvement of CS which ultimately affects my gig ratings force me to do such revsions.

Think fiverr should give bit protection to sellers also to maintain equality on platform.

Akash

Guest offlinehelpers

Fiverr does give protection to sellers, by enabling us to limit the number of revisions we’ll offer.

You decided to offer unlimited revisions - that’s what’s caused you a problem - if you offer it, you’ve got to stick to it.

Stop offering unlimited revisions - think of a sensible number, and stick to it.

Guest makemyintro

Don’t offer unlimited revisions, problem solved.

Of course people will take advantage of it, there’s no way around it, so I repeat-- don’t EVER offer unlimited revisions.

Thanks for advice. Appreciate it. @leahemme @offlinehelpers

Hello fellow sellers

I offer unlimited revisions on my animation video Gig. But I think buyers take advantage of it.

Is there any protection from fiverr from this kind of buyers. Who never understands or pretend not to understand the scope of revisions.

As fear of bad ratings and involvement of CS which ultimately affects my gig ratings force me to do such revsions.

Think fiverr should give bit protection to sellers also to maintain equality on platform.

Akash

The others have it right. I hope you don’t think EVERYBODY will be reasonable about “unlimited revisions”? You have set yourself up for problem buyers.

Offer 10 free revisions, or 5, or ??

Are you that bad that it might take you 20 revisions to get it right?

Assuming you’re really good at what you do, you should be able to do it in 3-5 revisions. Maybe I’m missing something.

I offer ZERO revisions for free. It works really well because 95% of the time I get it right the first time. ALSO, since they know they don’t get free revisions, they are far more careful about the script they are sending me for a voice over.

Meaning I get better clients, who mostly know what they want. And IF they need a revision, they know they will pay something, even if it’s not the full amount again.

If I make a mistake, that is always free, no matter what my policy says. If they want a change or give me poor directions, then they pay a token amount.

I’m still a great value even if they have to pay for a revision. If they hire me outside of Fiverr they would pay 3-6 times more. (I do a volume here, so it works fine.)

Most get it, a few don’t and they hire someone with less experience. Later they come back to me… (I can’t tell you how many times that has happened…)

Archived