Increase Instructions for buyer Info Characters

auws

Hi

As a seller, it is ‘extremely’ important to be clear on the instructions that are to be given to a buyer. Sadly 450 characters are simply not enough in many cases. For instance, due to the different “extras” that a seller is able to offer, sometimes we need to be precise in what is needed from the buyer.

So many customers will buy my $5 gig, but due to my short limited ‘Instructions for buyer description’ It is really hard to ask them what is required for any one of the “extras” they may have ordered… This is when they provide me with the $40 stuff, when in fact they just ordered a $5 gig.

To have the ability to easily layout each of the extras on what is required, sometimes needs a little more detail.

Not too sure if others experience this problem, but I face this issue every day… I have had to shorten part of the description just to add a line “Please remember the gig you ordered” Just as a very simple reminder…but they still expect a $40 gig in many cases…

Extending the character limited by at least another 550 would be extremely helpful to say the least. This part of the gig is VERY important to get the RIGHT details across of what is needed from a buyer. (in my opinion anyways lol)

Cheers

AUWS

I agree. My instructions ended at exactly 450. For most that would be plenty but if it isn’t and the instructions are sufficient it can cause issues with the order and a delay. The description of the gig is allowed more characters but the instructions is limited to 450.

It would be great if many others who feel the character limit could be increased then lets let Fiverr Know. I know its a simple task to do (programming wise) It wont upset the rest of the developing, but it will greatly allow ones (like me!! and all those who need the extra info) to be able to effectively carry out the work that is needed to make sure the right instructions are getting across…

I like to number or bullet point things as I feel it can be a much clearer way to get the answers/info I need. I am pretty detailed, I believe if you are througher and detail, it reduces the extra support to a customer… (or the fact that we need to send more messages to them, which in effect wastes time.)

If you agree PLEASE get on board. My guess is if Fiverr see a need for it from the sellers, then they will more likely support this.

Let the voting begin…

Cheers

Shan

I totally agree with this suggestion. I have been on here less than 30 days and have had to modify and abbreviate several of my buyer instruction sections to make them fit. Some of them still really won’t fit to my definition of a full and clear set of instructions. Additionally, I am concerned that my abbreviated grammar and instructions might misconstrue my full abilities.

The character limit is extremely limiting. Our descriptions have to be rewritten multiple times over with information omitted and words hacked and cut to barely understandable language in order to fit in the boxes and be accepted to post to the gig.

These abbreviated and restricted instructions leave an impression of semi-iliterate, less than adequate communication skills and portray the possibility that our end results will reflect the same qualities.

Not a fan of the character limitations…

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanting to bump this up for other sellers to read, like and comment on. This is very important to managing customer support for sellers. If we are limited with the amount of characters in the instructions then it requires us to make more comments to customers therefore delaying the time waiting for buyers to get back to sellers.

Please fiverr, highly consider this, its not a hard task for your programmers to increase the characters for us sellers to have that ability to clearly state what is required, especially when we have the extras where we need to give instructions on.

If sellers agree, please get behind this request!!

Cheers

Shan

Like the discussion and comment folks 🙂

Archived