Work before payment?

seykay

Hi all, am kinda new to Fiverr. This is my first sale, and the customer has sent me the work to do through my inbox, but he has not ordered my gig. I asked him to order my gig first so I can proceed with his work, but he sent me this message …(From my PayPal account “*Note: eCheck estimated completion: Jul 10, 2013 - Jul 12, 2013. We advise merchants not to ship until they receive payment.” It’s because your PayPal linked bank is non-US verified. No big deal. Just give it a couple days)… What are your opinions? Should I do his work without his ordering the gig?

Do not do any gig services until you get a Fiverr gig order - it doesn’t matter what you get in your inbox.

If the user is having payment problems / delays, you can tell them to contact Customer Support.

In your case, I’m guessing the user will need to wait 3-4 days until their payment is cleared by PayPal.

as a new comer… if you have the time, and want to “practice” doing the gig, to see what it’s like, go ahead. but do not tell the buyer you will do it, do not send the buyer any promise to do the gig, or say anything that acknowledges any type of agreement or promise to do the gig. WAIT until fiverr says that the gig is paid for, AND only when the buyer has ordered it properly, AND when buyer has included all the information you require to do the gig.

bachas85 said: Never work on anything before you have an active order/payment

Or at least don't DELIVER any work to the buyer until you know the payment has cleared. Some of your gigs promise work to be done quickly - one in as little as five hours. Since you now know that it might take DAYS for payments to clear, consider rewrtiting part of your gig descriptions to make it clear that you will deliver in XX hours after payment CLEARS.

Advise the buyer to choose the option for direct payment from their bank account (it’s usually listed 2nd). It is not always clear that this can be done (on Paypal’s website) and leads to buyers wasting their time waiting for the money to clear. No order appears to the buyer (so they do not have the ability to cancel). In the meantime if they want to go back and pay directly from their bank accounts with Paypal, they are forced to order a new gig. Then they will have to cancel the first gig, when it shows up in a few days. Terrible for the seller! (Unless they wanted multiple gigs from you)

Archived