"I'm new and need sales" - 3 Top Tips & Tricks to Generating Sales from a Top Rated Seller

twistedweb123

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest erineimutis

First day on Fiverr!!! This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you for the tips. I have several different graphics related services I’d like to offer on Fiverr, I’m glad you brought up adding complementary services to a collection. Great idea!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys!

Let’s cut straight to the chase. You’re a new seller (or maybe even an older seller experiencing a sales slum). Here are my 3 top tips to generating sales:

1. Interlink your services and create related gigs

I’ve seen many new sellers fall into two traps when first creating their gigs.

One of these traps is to create multiple gigs which are essentially the same thing (such as “create modern logo design”, “create a unique logo”, “design your logo”) in the hopes of getting more traffic. This doesn’t work and I’ve personally interviewed multiple Fiverr staff members on the official Fiverrcast Podcast who attest to this. It’s been stated that the ranking algorithm is alert to this “hack” and you’ll receive no additional exposure. Not only will your exposure not increase (it may even decrease) but you’ll also be watering down your gig’s feedback score. What’s better, one logo gig with 100 ratings, or 5 logo gigs with 20 ratings each? It’s the former - especially if you want to rank higher in a very popular category.

The second trap is creating an array of different services or gigs which in no way relate. For example, having a logo design gig, a voiceover gig, a video testimonial/spokesperson gig etc.

Whilst these gigs work standalone, put them together in a collection and they reflect poorly on your brand and aren’t capable of working together. It’s like having a football team made up of individual superstars but no team chemistry. Do you look like a professional logo designer when you’re also offering to be a professional spokesperson as well? Or do you end up looking like a hobbyist or jack-of-all-trades.

The key to hitting the ground running and ramping up your sales is to create gigs which compliment eachother and can be interlinked. It’s far easier to sell 3 different gigs to one client then it is to look for 3 different clients entirely for 3 different services - especially as a newbie.

Imagine the scenario, you have 3 gigs:

1. Logo design
  2. Social media design
  3. Banner design

If a buyer purchases any one of these gigs, you can easily interlink and upsell your other services. A buyer who is interested in a logo design service is also very likely to be interested in services #2 and #3. When creating your first gig, you need to consider your brand and what “collection” of services you want to offer. Do this correctly and you end up with services working together as a team - when one has a slow day/week, the others pick up the slack and provide new orders to the service in a dry spell. Do this incorrectly and you end up with 1 gig being your “main” and 5+ other services all lagging and struggling for sales. What happens when your main gig has a slow day/week then? You’re in trouble.

2. Package your gigs

Once you’ve made your “collection” of complimenting services, you then need to literally collect them into a package.

To do this, go to the “My Favorites” section of your account and create a new collection:

Once created, add your gigs to it. You then end up with a collection of your gigs which can be shared, marketed as a package and promoted for increased order opportunities. When you visit the collection URL, you’ll also notice something very cool:

Fiverr has the ability to add a WHOLE collection to a buyer’s cart. This means you can promote your complimenting services to all be ordered at the same time. You could even team up with other sellers to create collections and offer premade packages. Imagine you’re a voiceover artist who doesn’t write scripts - how about teaming up with a copywriter? The buyer places their order and proceeds seamlessly, rather than look for a competitor who may offer more than you.

3. Create a “buyer request” specific gig

A lot of people recommend new sellers use the buyer request section to generate orders and I highly agree. However, with so many requests and sellers competing, how do you stand out from the crowd? The biggest issue with getting orders from buyer requests is that these requests are often “custom” in nature, yet you have to send along an offer attached to a gig you have already made.

Here’s a good example:

This buyer wants to change their Facebook page’s name. It’s showing to me because I offer a gig (Facebook cover design) inside the same category. To send this request, I’ll need to attach it to this gig. For the buyer, this is extremely confusing. They request someone to help change their Facebook name but receive an offer related to design? Even if you fill in the details, the main design/call-to-action of your offer still looks like your unrelated service:

So, what you want to do is create a simple ‘complete your request’ style gig. It could be called something like “I will complete your request”. You can create a gig image with a call to action such as completing their custom request. The buyer then receives your custom request that is 100% relevant to what they posted - with a clear title and CTA image, rather than trying to force a square peg into a round hole by trying to match your closest related gig.

Get Extended Fiverr Analytics

yeImSDo.png

Want extended analytics for your gigs? Learn more

I hope your found these 3 tips helpful, if you’d be interested in hearing more please give a like below - Adam

rap

Thanks for the amazing tips. I am a new seller and I really love reading your content. It’s always awesome.

😍

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived