Commercial use

w00lw1ch

Can someone explain to me what I can use work created for me for commercial use rather than just personal. For me to own the complete copyright and to avoid any claims in future from sellers to come to me saying I don’t own the designs…logo…or written pieces. Would I need to get a contract drawn up for the seller to assign all work done for me …over to me on completion. As the confusion on ownership is making me weary of placing work…in case my project gets highly commercialized. Thanks

I’m sorry to say it, but if you want to get the copyrights to the material here you should look a little bit further. What this means is that you should also make sure that the seller actually has all the copyrights or the rights for commercial use that he put into the work he did for you. If he doesn’t he can’t grand you anything. If he does grand you the commercial rights and has implemented third party material in his work you can get into a lot of trouble.
This is not restricted to gigs in the graphic category. If you want to make sure that you won’t get sued somewhere you should look for a professional agency. Gigs on Fiverr in this field that cost you a couple of bucks are for soccer moms, not for use in professional projects.
Of course it is all on you to decide.

Check the TOS and your answers are there.

BTW, there isn’t really a distinction between “high” and “low” commerce. It’s just commerce. I know what you really mean is profitable $$$ rather than “dang, that was a waste of time, thank God I only paid $5 for this crap”, but still. If you have such concerns, I’d suggest contacting an actual lawyer rather than depending on a forum populated by sellers, some of whom would flog you a literal dead horse for advice and contract papers.

Archived