sana_rathore

HellO EveryOne

I have started Graphic work on fiverr since last week
i hOpe i 'll get alot of orders and positive reviewsssssssssssssssssssss
I 'll never accept defeat i will never quit i’ll try until succeed
i 'll makes my dreams come true AMEEN
Sana_ Rathore

Dear Sana:

I took a look at your first gig. Here is the help you may have been too shy to request:

• Your log line:

Graphic Designer

In my humble opinion (IMHO), this is too generic.

• Your profile text:

Hello, I am Sana Rathore. I am a Professional Graphic Designer.
I am here to make YOUR dreams come true!
I will try until you are satisfied!

Your profile as written was almost a haiku. Haikus are great, but confusing to Fiverr buyers, as was your creative use of capitalization. You may disagree with my modifications and prefer yours. I’ll allow it.

• Gig Title: I will design a professional logo for your company

This is too generic. You need to do something to make it stand out. “For your company” is too limiting. Will you design a professional logo for my church youth group? My Band? My gang of zombie fighters who roam the countryside taking out zombies?

• Gig Description:

WinD ClouD SkY – I disagree with your capitalization here, but I concede that you are free to make this stylistic choice.

BASSIC should probably be BASIC.

HellO EveryOne! (Okay, by now, I’ve made my point about capitalization, so I’m just going to skip that here.)

I am gonna show you my work which has inspiration of mine (this is awkward – I don’t know how to fix it.)
I can make a Professional logo with a money-back guarantee.
I can talk with you about ideas for your logo and make a free design, with a positive attitude. 🙂
Please contact me before you order so we can work everything out!
Thanks for taking the time to view this gig!
Take care.
Have a pleasant day.
ALLAH bless you

Please be aware that “ALLAH bless you” is bringing religion into a business transaction in an online, global marketplace. This is certainly your right and you are free to make this choice, but you may find that it turns some buyers off, causes disagreements with other buyers, and so on. On the other hand, it may make some buyers more eager to work with you.

Sana Rathore

I deleted the underscore. I assume you put it in your user name to distinguish your first name from your last name, but here you used the underscore and added a space. You could argue for using Sana_Rathore, and I don’t care which you choose.

In general, your description was too short; I suggest you hire a copy writer to give you compelling copy.

A suggested format for your gig descriptions:

WHO I AM

WHAT YOU GET

WHY YOU SHOULD BUY FROM ME

RECOMMENDED GIG EXTRAS

• Video: 30 to 60 seconds. If nothing else, make a slideshow of your portfolio samples.

Gig Pictures: Obviously, these are your strongest selling point. Hooray!

• Fiverr Academy

A good way to get initial sales is to ask friends and family, classmates, people who know you and like you, to buy gigs from you.

ALLAH bless you,
Blaise

Thanks for noticed
I am confused what should i take a attractive description i don’t have any guider who suggest me on the correct way but you are the 1st person who show me my mistakes thank you so much i am glad
could you suggest me what will best simple lines

Dear Sana,

I’m sorry, I can’t help you there. I’m sorry that it appears to me as I read this thread that no one else has responded to your requests for help in the “Improve My Gig” thread.

I recommend that you listen to Fiverrcast Episode 8, “Working Through Language.”

As I see it, you have two options:

1 Do more research: Look for YouTube videos on the topic, ebooks on the topic, and do detailed and time-consuming searches through the Fiverr forum, then go through the process of re-writing one for yourself. This research can include studying copy writing.*

2 Hire a copy writer to write your gig descriptions for you. These people have already done all the research I talked about before, and have studied and practiced the craft of copy writing. Copy writing isn’t an easy skill to learn, nor should it be a cheap service to purchase, but well-written copy has been shown to be effective! It’s a worthwhile investment in the future of your business on Fiverr.

*Here are notes I took when I read through David Ogilvy’s book about copy writing:

Headline
Promise the reader a benefit.
Contain News: Announce a new product, an improvement on an old product, or a new way to use an old product
Amazing, introducing, now, suddenly, Darling.
Offer the reader Helpful Information.
City name, if appropriate.
Include the Brand Name in your headline.
Flag readers with key words.
Long headlines sell more merchandise than short ones: up to about 10 words.
Specifics work better than generalities.
Put your headline in quotes.
Your headline should telegraph what you want to say.
Blind headlines that don’t say what the product is or what it will do for you, are below average.
See John Caples’ Tested Advertising Methods.

Illustrations
1 The subject is important, the idea should be remarkable.
2 Arouse the reader’s curiosity: story appeal.
3 If you don’t have a story to tell, make the package the subject of your illustration.
4 Illustrate the end-result of using your product.
5 Photographs are better than drawings: attract more readers, more believable, better remembered.
6 Use of KNOWN characters boosts the recall.
7 Crowd scenes don’t pull: keep the illustrations as simple as possible, with the focus of interest on one person.
8 Don’t show human faces larger than life size.
9 Historical subjects bore the majority of readers.
10 Don’t assume that subjects that interest YOU will interest readers.
11 Sex sells.
12 Use characters with whom your readers IDENTIFY: men to appeal to men, women to appeal to women.
13 Color is more effective than black and white.
14 When the client moans and sighs,
Make his logo twice the size.
If he still should prove refractory
Show a picture of his factory.
Only in the gravest cases
Should you show the clients’ faces.
15 For food, show the finished dish rather than ingredients.

Body copy
People who are drawn in by headline, illustrations MAY read body copy.
Average readership of body copy is @5%.
Speak to the reader one on one.
Speak to the reader as a human being rather than a stadium.
It isn’t as easy as you may think.
You cannot BORE people into buying your product. You can only INTEREST them in buying it.
Write short sentences and short paragraphs. Avoid difficult words.
Carnation Milk is the best in the land,
Here I sit with a can in my hand.
No **** to pull, no hay to pitch,
Just punch a hole in the son-of-a-*****.
Don’t write essays. Tell your reader what the product will do for him, and use specifics.
Write your copy in the form of a story.
Avoid analogies, because people don’t get them.
Brag and Boast convinces nobody – avoid superlatives.
Include a testimonial if you can.
Sometimes you can cast your entire advertisement in the form of a testimonial.
Testimonials from celebrities don’t work for 2 reasons: 1 people remember the celebrity, not the product; 2 people assume the celebrity has been bought.
Testimonials from experts can be persuasive.
Markdowns and special offers are above average in recall.
Always try to include the price of your products.
If you sign your work, you tend to produce better work, because everyone will know you wrote it.
Long copy sells more than short.
For some years I used this layout in all my magazine advertisements. It gives a large photograph, a headline up to nine words, and 240 words of copy. Recommended when your illustration is to carry the main load of selling.

| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| Photo to draw interest |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |

HEADLINE

Text: blah blah blah blah blah _______
Text: blah blah blah blah blah | |
Text: blah blah blah blah blah |Product|
Text: blah blah blah blah blah _______

This is my second perfect layout. It gives a wide, shallow photograph, a headline up to 20 words, a subhead up to 28 words, four or five cross-heads and 600 words of body copy. Recommended when your copy is more important than your illustration.

| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| Photo to draw interest |
| |
| |
| |
| |

HEADLINE

Text: blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
Text: blah blah blah blah ____________
Text: blah blah blah blah | |
Text: blah blah blah blah | Coupon |
Text: blah blah blah blah ___________

Dr. Charles Edwards concluded that ‘the more facts you tell, the more you sell.’
Direct-response advertisers know that short copy doesn’t sell. In split-run tests, long copy invariably outsells short copy.
If you want your long copy to be read, you had better write it well.
In particular, your first paragraph should be a grabber. You won’t hold many readers if you begin with a mushy statement of the obvious like this one in an ad for a vacation resort: ‘Going on vacation is a pleasure to which everyone looks forward.’
A Harvard professor used to begin his series of lectures with a sentence that took his students by the throat: ‘Cesare Borgia murdered his brother-in-law for the love of his sister, who was the mistress of their father – the Pope.
Until you’ve got a better answer, you copy. I copied Bob Gage for 5 years, I even copied the leading between his lines of type. And Bob originally copied Paul Rand, and Rand first copied a German typographer named Tschichold.’
I, too, started by copying. Working in a London agency, I used to copy the best American ads. Later, I began to do my own thing.

Layouts
Keep It Simple, Stupid.
On the average, headlines below the illustration are read by 10 per cent more people than headlines above the illustration. You may not think the difference worth writing about, but consider the fact that 10 per cent of, say, 20,000,000 readers is two million. Not to be sneezed at. Yet in 59 per cent of magazine advertisements the headlines are above.
Some dopes even put their headline at the bottom, under the copy!
More people read the captions under illustrations than read the ’body copy, so never use an illustration without putting a caption under it. Your caption should include the brand name and the promise.
When you have to communicate a lot of different sales points, use ‘call-outs’. They are above average in recall tests.
Advertising people have an unconscious belief that advertisements have to look like advertisements. They have inherited graphic conventions which telegraph to the reader, ‘This is only an advertisement. Skip it.’
There is no law which says that advertisements have to look like advertisements. If you make them look like editorial pages, you will attract more readers. Roughly six times as many people read the average article as the average advertisement. Very few advertisements are read by more than one reader in twenty.
Copy has priority over illustration.
The copy is set in serif type.
Three columns of type, 35 to 45 characters wide.
Every photograph has a caption.
The copy starts with drop-initials.
The type is set black on white.
The front-page format is particularly appropriate for the announcement of a new product.

Posters
It pays to make your poster what Savignac called a ‘visual scandal.’ But don’t overdo the scandal or you will stop the traffic and cause fatal accidents.
Your poster should deliver your selling promise not only in words, but also pictorially. Use the largest possible type. Make your brand name visible at a long distance. Use strong, pure colors. Never use more than three elements in your design.
If you know more than that, please tell me.

Subway cards
If it falls to you to produce advertisements for the subway, it may help to know that the average rider in the New York subway will be exposed to your advertisement for 21 minutes, which is long enough to read quite a long message. Only 15 per cent of passengers carry anything to read. The other 85 per cent have nothing to do but read your copy.

Trademarks are an anachronism
In olden days, before people could read, manufacturers used trademarks to identify their brands. If you saw a tiger on a bottle of beer, you knew it was Tiger beer.
Many companies, unaware that consumers are no longer illiterate, still use graphic symbols to identify their brands, and insist on them being displayed in their advertisements. They add to the gadgetry which clutters up layouts, and proclaim ‘this is only an advertisement’. Readership of the advertisement is reduced.

Typography – ‘the eye is a creature of habit’
Good typography helps people read your copy, while bad typography prevents them doing so.
1 A subhead of two lines, between your headline and your body copy, heightens the reader’s appetite for the feast to come.
2 If you start your body copy with a drop-initial, you increase readership by an average of 13 per cent.
3 Limit your opening paragraph to a maximum of 11 words.
4 After two or three inches of copy, insert a cross-head, and thereafter throughout. Cross-heads keep the reader marching forward. Make some of them interrogative, to excite curiosity in the next run of copy.
5 When I was a boy, it was common practice to square up paragraphs. It is now known that widows – short lines – increase readership.
6 Set key paragraphs in bold face or italic.
7 Help the reader into your paragraphs with arrowheads, bullets, asterisks and marginal marks.
8 If you have a lot of unrelated facts to recite, don’t use cumbersome connectives. Simply number them – as I am doing here.
9 What size type should you use?
This is 5-point, and too small to read.
This is 14-point, and too big.
This is 11-point, and about right.
10 If you use leading (line-spacing) between paragraphs, you increase readership by an average of 12 per cent.

Archived