Hey There Everyone

aswinmohan

I started at Fiverr only 3 days before , and Fiverr is nothing like I have ever seen. Can someone please take a look at my profile and the gigs . All suggestions and recommendations are welcome.

Moderator Note: Welcome to Fiverr! Since you are new, please check out the forum rules and read the pinned posts. Here is an important one about the Tips for Sellers category.: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/i-want-to-ask-for-tips-should-i-post-here/
Your post has been moved to the correct category.

Dear Aswin:

I took a look at one of your gigs. Here is the help you requested:

• Your profile text:

I’m a CS Undergrad who loves Programming and Design. I love challenges, the essence of Coding, and I love to build things.

I am fluent in C++, Java, Python, Ruby, JS, and have gotten my hands dirty with many different frameworks. I strive to write clear, concise code and efficient algorithms.

I suggest you spell out JS. Assume your buyers don’t understand all the buzz words. Reasonable people can disagree. Your capitalization choices are awkward, and inconsistent, but that’s a minor detail. In the US, people don’t put spaces before commas.

• Gig Title: I will find a rare torrent for you

I suggest you delete this gig immediately! (This could be a violation of the Fiverr Terms of Service. I may be wrong, but at a minimum I suggest you do more research.)

I will be your personal typist

This gig title does not stand out in any way. I think you will need to hire a copy writer to help you come up with compelling gig titles and descriptions.

• Gig Image: You have only one, you should have 3. The typewriter is cute, but also says you are behind the times. Have you ever typed anything on a typewriter in your life?

• Gig Description:

Typing things is boring and time consuming, but needs to be done, nonetheless.

I will type 1500 words for you just for $5, and every 200 words from there costs only a dollar. (I don’t think Fiverr accommodates $1 increments, but I could be wrong. I suggest you do more research on how best to handle this scenario.)

As a programmer, the major part of my job is typing! You can say that I do it for a living.

The article will be 100% accurate and I will do unlimited revisions until you are happy.

I will deliver at most within a day from receiving the order.

Before ordering, please contact me with the word count.

A suggested format for your gig descriptions:

WHO I AM

WHAT YOU GET

WHY YOU SHOULD BUY FROM ME

RECOMMENDED GIG EXTRAS

You can have 1200 characters in your gig descriptions; I suggest you take advantage of that. Also, your use of capitalization was inconsistent. I can understand wanting to highlight key words, but I’d suggest using bold rather than capitalization.

• Video 30 to 60 seconds, with sound

• Fiverr Academy

Good luck,
Blaise

P.S. I think I saw Cpp somewhere. Did you mean C++?

Archived