My First 6 Months on Fiverr - Month 2 [ARCHIVED]

thewriteones

“They Like Me! They Really Like Me!”

It took about six weeks or so, but I finally attained my goal of becoming a Level 1 seller. As much as I wanted that badge next to my name to make it easier for potential customers to find my services, I NEEDED it for a reason that was much more personal.

As a seller of the written word, I sometimes wonder if what I create really is any good. I imagine it’s something that many freelancers go through. Even now, with over a hundred orders under my belt, I’ll sometimes question as to whether or not what I write is of a quality that deserves being rewarded with somebody’s money.

Reaching Level 1 did indeed mean more than a rank or a status. It meant validation. It meant that I had delivered at least 10 pieces of content that other people had decided was worth their hard earned cash. Some of them even felt so inclined as to say a few kind words and leave a review ([gig link removed - allowed only in My Fiverr Gigs). In short, it meant that I was least on to something with this freelancing thing.

While reaching Level 1 was a great accomplishment, things didn’t really change much, at least not immediately. I was still reaching out to the Buyer’s Forums for all of my work, and was landing a new sale at the rate of about 1 per every 3-4 days. However, I was now starting to receive emails from interested customers that had found my gigs on their own. During my second month, I probably received three emails from clients that wanted to know more about how I could help them.

It was also during my second month that I received an order from a young lady in Holland. It was a single $5 order, and she needed some help revising the content of her website. I delivered her order, thanked her for choosing me, and reminded her, as I do with every client, that I’m always available should she need anything else.

As luck would have it, she did need something else, and guess who she turned to for that?

My intention is to write a new post each week, and next week, I’ll share the details of my first repeat customer, and how important repeat orders have been to the success of my business.

Thanks for following along!

In the Buyer’s Request page, potential clients will post jobs that they need filled. Usually they will set the price and the deadline that they need the work done for, but if you feel that you can best serve their needs and it may fall outside of their parameters, apply for the job anyway. And contacting a potential buyer really is as easy as just letting them know what you can offer them, but make sure to stress why YOU would be the best fit for their needs.

“tips for sellers”. Hm. Surely a little journey through the ego belongs in Fiverr Stories, though? Unless your plan here is to attract a golden horde of mek sells and then do a Q&A they won’t listen to anyway, in which case carry on.

Fiverr can be confusing, frustrating, and infuriating, all while provide a launching pad for those wishing to dip their toe into the pond of freelancing. Some come with the hopes of riches, and then throw in the towel when it doesn’t happen as fast as they’d like.

My recount is meant to share, at least in my case, a real world example of what putting in the time and effort on Fiverr really looks like. An in-the-trenches perspective from someone that’s trying to make an honest go at building a sustainable income, $5 at a time.

My posts are not meant to increase traffic to my gigs, only to inform those that allow themselves to be. No hidden agendas on my part, and I genuinely hope that someone reads these posts, and gleans something that is of value to their experience here.

Archived