All TRS's Started at 0 Sales. Stop Making Excuses

tenthtiermedia

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Born in the USA; spent my childhood in the UK; traveled all over the US; did a short stint in Costa Rica; and then moved to Canada to marry my wife.

Also, I took six semesters’ Spanish in high school; went to college for Russian; and study Esperanto in my spare time.

All of which is to say, I feel out of place almost everywhere I go 😛

Spy status double confirmed since I was a cryptologic linguist in the Marine Corps and held a TS-SCI (top secret, sensitive compartmented information) security clearance.

My job consisted of wearing a pair of headphones and transcribing intercepted Russian military radio transmissions, most of which was from the Russian navy and consisted of nothing but long strings of numbers that I had to write down and send to somebody else.

It was all very dull. If you want to know what it was like, just turn your radio station to any foreign language programming, and then adjust the tuner by a smidge so it comes in full of static. Then listen to that for eight hours.

I’m British. I say so in my profile.

You must be German, as you have no sense of humo(u)r. What on earth is offensive about what I said?

EDIT: you may be talking to the Irishman (with the Irish name, from Ireland). Are you being racist about my favorite potato-eating nation? I bet you call it St. Patty’s and have a cheeky can of Guinness too to celebrate the diversity of your wondrous nation. Leave the the snobbery to the world-class experts: me and my fellow English brethren.

I know you’re a colonial, so I don’t expect you to know better, just to get a bit uppity. That’s when we squash you like the insect you are, before rah-rahing into the third medicinal G&T du jour. Quinine, darling. Quinine.

Stop taking everything so seriously.

Guest jey242

I believe they already do…dude did you see that huge briefcase with cash she was sporting earlier?!? Even misscrystal tried capturing it from her without success.

If I still had my PS Vita I’d join you for some Helldivers, but I recently gave up video games. My latest hobby is all-terrain roller skating, because I won a pair of $150 Skorpion roller skates on a local Facebook auction group for just $25. I enjoy roller-skating and ice-skating, but it’s been probably 18 or 20 years since I’ve done either.

What can I say? Life is busy, but I’m glad to get back into it again. So yeah, I’m not on PSN or Steam, but if you’re ever on, uh… Google? look me up at +JamesBulls

Oh, I tried Helldivers. Didn’t really enjoy it. I did like the swooshy cape though–spent an unreasonable amount of time doing the swooshes (and got a trophy for my trouble)!

AT roller skating sounds like the fast lane for twisted ankles and worse, tbh. There’s some great (this is tangential, granted) NZ longboarding videos on YouTube though. I mention this because the wheels on that pair are massive and look ideal for the whole sailing down a hill thing and narrowly missing a bus.

Might start a post tomorrow to harvest Fiverr friends for Rocket League or something. An OLDy v NEWy match could be interesting!

Archived