Request Gigs™ Never getting responses?

caiterz

Just some insight from the other side of the coin, I put up my very first request a few days ago and got an overwhelming response, many of them were not written very well, which made me hesitant to read through them all (I was also busy).

So, it may be that the person was just inundated with replies, picked the first person and didn’t bother to reply to the rest, or they could just be having a hard time reading all the responses.

In my case, I am still deciding on who to pick and even if I still need the job done. However I’m not going to feel bad for not responding to the folks who obviously didn’t read my request correctly and can’t even write a correct sentence [not saying anyone in this thread does that].

Just some insight from the other side of the coin, I put up my very first request a few days ago and got an overwhelming response, many of them were not written very well, which made me hesitant to read through them all (I was also busy).

So, it may be that the person was just inundated with replies, picked the first person and didn’t bother to reply to the rest, or they could just be having a hard time reading all the responses.

In my case, I am still deciding on who to pick and even if I still need the job done. However I’m not going to feel bad for not responding to the folks who obviously didn’t read my request correctly and can’t even write a correct sentence [not saying anyone in this thread does that].

I wanted someone to make an Excel list of all links on one of my websites with a certain keyword in it.

Unfortunately many folks just focused on “Excel”… I got folks who would type data into an Excel sheet. That was really the minor part of what I wanted.

One guy seemed to get what I wanted but said it would take 20 gigs worth of work… which I think it might so I think I’ll come up with another way to do what I thought I needed the list for.

I wanted someone to make an Excel list of all links on one of my websites with a certain keyword in it.

Unfortunately many folks just focused on “Excel”… I got folks who would type data into an Excel sheet. That was really the minor part of what I wanted.

One guy seemed to get what I wanted but said it would take 20 gigs worth of work… which I think it might so I think I’ll come up with another way to do what I thought I needed the list for.

• 2 months later...

Archived