For Voice Over Artistes!

amitkaria

Do you as a Voice Over Artist offer a sample recording if you feel the client is genuine ?

well i had a bad experience with one Buyer…The buyer contacted me and kept asking me if i have a genuine studio … i said yes n also shared the studio pics and equipment pics as well…

He kept on messaging me for 3-4 days and then gave me one paragraph to record as a Sample… i did it and then he asked me to send a custom order… which i did of 100$ based on script…

After delivering the order he cancelled it saying he doesnt like the recording… i asked him what was wrong … he wudnt answer… then i accepted his request n cancelled it… Has any Voice Over Talent experienced a similar situation like this before ?

I dont tend to do this as I know people have been ripped off. If its a very well paid job I can record a line but not with the same wording so that it cannot be used by the buyer.

Most people do not need this as I have so many samples of work to give them and they can always have revisions if they are unhappy.

There are always good customers and bad you just have to keep your wits about you and not be afraid to be firm if you have to be

Hi Tarnia,

Thank you for sharing your experience… i believe its easy for Female Voice Talents because customers generally tend to trust them a lot… but when it comes to Male Voice Talents they want samples and other things first…

But as you said there are good customers and bad as well so i guess i just had a BAD Experience i will be more careful from now on…

Thanks for sharing your experience…

Archived