Negative feedback for cancellation because of late delivery

sunethp

Hey guys,

Is there a way to get rid of the negative feed-backs given by the buyers when cancelling a order because of the work didn’t deliver in time?

I am a level 2 seller and now my rating is 96% because 3 of my orders were cancelled by the buyers due to late delivery.I know it is my fault.But is there a way?

Can anyone please suggest me what to do about these negative feedbacks.

Thanks.

This won’t help for the negatives you already have but here is what I do to keep from getting negative feedback to start with.

I do writing gigs and they take a lot of time sometimes I get too many orders in a day and when them come due if I haven’t been able to “catch up” fast enough I might have a lot due on the same day - if I see myself getting close to a deadline I immediately write my buyer a note and let them know that due to large number of orders I might be a few hours late in delivering and thank them in advance for their patience. I’ve only had to send this message a few times but every time I got back a positive response from my buyer saying it was just fine, and followed with positive feedback after delivery.

The lesson here is - communicate with your buyers. If you have to be late, even think you might be late by a few hours, just let them know. People are very reasonable - but if you don’t communicate they feel like you don’t care and they get frustrated.

This won’t help for the negatives you already have but here is what I do to keep from getting negative feedback to start with.

I do writing gigs and they take a lot of time sometimes I get too many orders in a day and when them come due if I haven’t been able to “catch up” fast enough I might have a lot due on the same day - if I see myself getting close to a deadline I immediately write my buyer a note and let them know that due to large number of orders I might be a few hours late in delivering and thank them in advance for their patience. I’ve only had to send this message a few times but every time I got back a positive response from my buyer saying it was just fine, and followed with positive feedback after delivery.

The lesson here is - communicate with your buyers. If you have to be late, even think you might be late by a few hours, just let them know. People are very reasonable - but if you don’t communicate they feel like you don’t care and they get frustrated.

Believe me, I know full well that life happens and you might not be able to always get projects in on time. If you’re able to, let them know about the situation. If possible, submit what you have done & send the rest after the deadline. In my experience, most buyers are willing to make arrangements. Also, if you find that you’re getting a little behind, you might want to increase the time frame.

Believe me, I know full well that life happens and you might not be able to always get projects in on time. If you’re able to, let them know about the situation. If possible, submit what you have done & send the rest after the deadline. In my experience, most buyers are willing to make arrangements. Also, if you find that you’re getting a little behind, you might want to increase the time frame.

Guest mrspanda

Real life situation:

I have a delivery time of 4 days. I went into early labor. I contacted customer support and told them I had over 20 orders in queue and will surely be late! They replied stating that I need to tell my buyers about my situation and come to a solution. So there I was in the waiting room, ready to go in for surgery, cell phone in hand, inboxing over 20 fiverr members, explaining my situation to them. 90% of them were gracious and waited for late delivery, 7% requested mutual cancellation so I wouldn’t suffer negative feedback, 2% didn’t communicate with me at all, 1% waited for me to be late and she cancelled on me, leaving negative feedback. I asked her why she couldn’t just mutually cancel and she replied saying, “Oh so you’re not well enough to do my gig but you’re well enough to inbox me the second I cancel? LOL.” I copied that conversation to Customer Support, along with proof that I notified this buyer of my situation and that I was going to be late. It was no fault of mine that she wanted to be rude about it. Customer Support said that they will remove the negative feedback, since I took the proper steps to communicate with everyone involved.

There are ways around it. You need to literally go to the ends of the earth for your buyers sometimes. If you can show Fiverr CS you legitimately could not deliver and you tried your hardest to ask for an extension, CS will help you out. 🙂

Hope that helps.

Guest mrspanda

Real life situation:

I have a delivery time of 4 days. I went into early labor. I contacted customer support and told them I had over 20 orders in queue and will surely be late! They replied stating that I need to tell my buyers about my situation and come to a solution. So there I was in the waiting room, ready to go in for surgery, cell phone in hand, inboxing over 20 fiverr members, explaining my situation to them. 90% of them were gracious and waited for late delivery, 7% requested mutual cancellation so I wouldn’t suffer negative feedback, 2% didn’t communicate with me at all, 1% waited for me to be late and she cancelled on me, leaving negative feedback. I asked her why she couldn’t just mutually cancel and she replied saying, “Oh so you’re not well enough to do my gig but you’re well enough to inbox me the second I cancel? LOL.” I copied that conversation to Customer Support, along with proof that I notified this buyer of my situation and that I was going to be late. It was no fault of mine that she wanted to be rude about it. Customer Support said that they will remove the negative feedback, since I took the proper steps to communicate with everyone involved.

There are ways around it. You need to literally go to the ends of the earth for your buyers sometimes. If you can show Fiverr CS you legitimately could not deliver and you tried your hardest to ask for an extension, CS will help you out. 🙂

Hope that helps.

Archived